• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Process for get million programme's apartment

Llive in mp district

Tyboy
post 5.Apr.2013, 10:56 PM
Post #1

I'm moving to Sweden and considering to live in a MP apartment. How the process for buy a MP apartment? how are the plots?

what's best districts of million programme? and the worst?
Go to the top of the page
+
eurobloke
post 6.Apr.2013, 12:04 AM
Post #2

Sorry, do you know what the million programme is?

If you don’t, it is a “grand projet” that was created in the ‘60s and ‘70s by the Swedish government to built a million dwellings due to a growing population fuelled by immigration and raising birth rate. Much of the dwellings especially in the major urban areas ended up being the East German-style concrete “plattenbau” housing blocks, which becoming popular with immigrant families. Good examples of this are in Rinkeby, Hammarkullen and Rosengården.
+
Tyboy
post 6.Apr.2013, 12:45 AM
Post #3

EuroblokeYes, i know very well who is the "Programme Million Housing Project" i know very well that districts are very high unployement and violence,but what other chance i have? Brutal violence or not, do not intimidate me, I'm from Brazil, one of the most violent countries in the world.

but still want an answer to the topic, can anyone answer me?
+
PDX
post 6.Apr.2013, 09:57 AM
Post #4

Find a suitable apartment at http://www.blocket.se/ , make an offer, bring your cash and it's yours.

~~~PDX~~~
+
axiom
post 7.Apr.2013, 08:32 AM
Post #5

The million programme apartments was just a building policy by the government, thats what the guys above r trying to explain. There is no million programme office or housing committee or housing renting agency, it was a policy to build buildings, buildings built, programme ended.

If you want one, you can look on Blocket as PDX says, you can try to buy one (hemnet) or you join the housing queue (waiting time around 7 - 10 yrs) and hope you get allocated an apt thats in the MP buildings.
+
Tyboy
post 8.Apr.2013, 02:44 AM
Post #6

There is no million programme office or housing committee or housing renting agency

Yes dude i know that programme million is from government, but you and PDX, gave me a nice answer..another question, how is the process? the parcels per month for an apartment of SEK 200.000 for example?
+
axiom
post 8.Apr.2013, 08:44 AM
Post #7

I don't quite understand the question.

The cost to rent an apt in Stockholm varies greatly.

To buy, you will not find anything for 200 000, add another zero and you will be in business.
+
PDX
post 8.Apr.2013, 09:23 AM
Post #8

He isn't looking for Stockholm specifically. You can find apartments for 50 000 SEK in those "million programme" areas.

~~~PDX~~~
+
PDX
post 8.Apr.2013, 09:25 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (Tyboy @ 8.Apr.2013, 02:44 AM) *
There is no million programme office or housing committee or housing renting agencyYes dude i know that programme million is from government, but you and PDX, gave me a nice a ... (show full quote)

You will probably have to pay the entire amount up-front, you will not get a loan from bank for such a small sum.

~~~PDX~~~
+
Tyboy
post 8.Apr.2013, 09:45 PM
Post #10

Thank PDX and Axiom. then I saw some apartments worth 15,000 kr, 7000kr, 10.000kr, this is the price to rent or buy?

example: http://www.blocket.se/dalarna/Bostadsratt_...m?ca=17&w=3

http://www.blocket.se/vastmanland/1a_med_b...m?ca=17&w=3

and other for 35.000 kr :

http://www.blocket.se/kalmar/Rymlig_etta_4...m?ca=17&w=3

it's the price for buy or rent/month?
+
Marmi
post 9.Apr.2013, 01:26 AM
Post #11

All three are "Bostadsrätt", which means Condominium, so they are for sale, not for rent. The amounts you mention are the sellling/asking prices for the condos.

As you can see in the right hand column it says "Månadsavgift", that's the monthly condo fee. smile.gif
+
Tyboy
post 9.Apr.2013, 03:25 AM
Post #12

"As you can see in the right hand column it says "Månadsavgift", that's the monthly condo fee"

i dont understand that, you wanted to say the installment(the plots) ? because monthly fee is rental.. if i pay 7000kr in the first example, at once ,the apartment will be mine or i keep paying monthly fees?

because i think 7000kr is too little for apartment like this, or is it?
+
Marmi
post 9.Apr.2013, 05:02 AM
Post #13

It IS very little, but it is probably in a non sought after area.

You buy the condo (apartment) for SEK7000, and it's yours - well actually to be correct, you buy a share in the condo association, and your share is your dwelling.

No, I am not talking about monthly installments. Månadsavgift (same as condo fee) is a monthly fee that covers things like trash pick up, maintenance, upkeep, and things like that.

If the price of a bostadsrätt is really high, someone would take a loan, and the loan would be paid of in monthly installments, but you would still pay a monthly fee. You would add the monthly mortgage payments, and the monthly fee. If you buy a place at a low cost as SEK7000, you would probably not need to get a mortgage and would just pay it outright, but you would still pay the monthly fee. Some call it "rent" but it really isn't, cause when you pay rent, you pay for the use of an apartment.

Get it? smile.gif
+
Tyboy
post 9.Apr.2013, 05:49 AM
Post #14

Yes dude, thank you for explain me. So, the monthly fee is a maintenance for basic services like internet, energy ,water, gas etc etc..

Solved my doubts, thank you again Marmi. smile.gif

if I have another doubt i ask again.
+
PDX
post 9.Apr.2013, 10:10 AM
Post #15

If you had to choose between the three choices: forget Ludvika, it's totally in the middle of nowhere. Hallstahammar is reasonably close to civilization (Stockholm), but Västervik should be a really pretty place in the summers.

~~~PDX~~~
+

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN