Which is the right office to inform? in Sweden Discuss - The Local
  • Sweden's news in English
The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Which is the right office to inform?

I notice I haven't been registered as a child

post 8.Apr.2013, 04:41 PM
Post #1
Joined: 8.Apr.2013

Hello everyone
Six months past since i got here but i notice that they didn't register me as a child of my father the weird thing is they register my little brother as a child. when i start the process to came to sweden i was under age(17) and it take me a year to have my residence permit. I sign for my self when i register to take personnummer. now offices like försäkringkassan are not inform about i live with my parent and they suggest that i have to insure who my parent is. which is the right office to inform this situation?
Go to the top of the page
post 8.Apr.2013, 07:16 PM
Post #2
Joined: 1.Jun.2008

Skatteverket is the place.

If you don't have the time to go directly, you can order familjbevis (type of personbevis) of your father which will go to his address by post. In that paper you can see who are registered as his children.
Go to the top of the page
post 9.Apr.2013, 07:00 AM
Post #3
Location: Sweden
Joined: 12.Sep.2011

you can order the familjbevis online also and print it directly.
Go to the top of the page
post 9.Apr.2013, 01:37 PM
Post #4
Joined: 8.Apr.2013

thank you guys
Go to the top of the page
post 10.Apr.2013, 07:07 AM
Post #5
Joined: 9.Apr.2013

If you are still 17 then you cannot officially sign anything. In Sweden only adults (18+) can legally sign (enter into) contracts, official documents and more.
Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:


PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options