• Sweden's news in English

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Sj (train) : buying tickets online vs sj shop

Is it more expensive to buy from the shop

omerkay
post 8.Apr.2013, 08:15 PM
Post #1

Hi,

When travelling by sj (train), I normally buy my tickets online at least a couple of days before the journey, as it is a bit cheaper to buy the tickets in advance.

Some days ago I went to Göteberg to meet a friend. I was not sure about my return journey so I decided to buy the train tickets from the sj office in the central station. On the way there I checked the prices online (on the smart phone), however the price I was told buy the person at the sj shop was significantly more (about +20%) higher than what I checked online just 5 mins ago.

I was really late so I did not ask any question as why the difference in price.

So the question is, is it always more expensive to buy the train tickets from the sj shop as compared to online/via mobile app? (or the prices just jumped in the 5 mins after I checked the prices).

Cheers
Go to the top of the page
+
PDX
post 8.Apr.2013, 08:18 PM
Post #2

Yes, it is.

~~~PDX~~~
+
AW1
post 9.Apr.2013, 08:09 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (omerkay @ 8.Apr.2013, 07:15 PM) *
Hi,When travelling by sj (train), I normally buy my tickets online at least a couple of days before the journey, as it is a bit cheaper to buy the tickets in advance.Some days ... (show full quote)

Yes, it is. Ask for info in the ticket window, and then buy the ticket from the ticket machine or online.
+
omerkay
post 9.Apr.2013, 04:38 PM
Post #4

@ PDX and AW1

Thanks for the replies.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options