• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Electronics Jobs in Sweden

FPGA, ASIC, Embedded Systems

guruprasad
post 22.Apr.2013, 10:21 PM
Post #1

Hi,

I am a prospective student at Chalmers Institute of Technology for masters in embedded systems.

I wanted to know how are job prospects for a graduate in embedded systems. Are there any known semiconductor companies in Sweden? I have heard about Ericsson, and ST-Ericsson. Would there be jobs in ASIC, FPGA design?

Also, it will be kind of you if you can provide the information on how much salary is expected to be given to a graduate full time electronics engineer (FPGA, ASIC design)?

Many thanks,

Cheers,
Guruprasad.
Go to the top of the page
+
PDX
post 23.Apr.2013, 06:50 AM
Post #2

There are plenty of jobs in this area for new graduates, the best candidates are likely to have multiple options to choose from.

The salary depends heavily on the location.

~~~PDX~~~
+
sailer
post 23.Apr.2013, 07:46 AM
Post #3

Do you know swedish??
+
guruprasad
post 25.Apr.2013, 01:33 PM
Post #4

Hi PDX,

Thanks for the reply. Can you name some of the popular companies in Sweden which offer the jobs in the mentioned area (FPGA, ASIC, embedded systems design).
I understand about the salary dependency on location. I will be studying in Gothenburg, so how will be the average salary in this field of study at Gothenburg?

Hi Sailer,

I do not know Swedish, but intend to learn along with my masters studies. I know a fair bit of German and one of my friend from Sweden suggested me that Swedish is somewhat similar to German. So I hope, I can learn fast.
Please tell me, is knowing Swedish language, an important aspect for getting jobs in Sweden.

Many Thanks.
+
PDX
post 25.Apr.2013, 02:41 PM
Post #5

You can easily research the companies in the field through your university, they will have all the contacts. Same for starting salaries.

Now, regarding the language, I expect you to be fluent in Swedish upon graduation. When hiring, if I see that a person has been in the country for two years and has not acquired the language, I automatically dismiss them as lazy asses. It is not that the language would necessarily be essential for the job (though somewhat useful for sure); it is just that proficiency in the language is an excellent indicator of personal motivation and learning ability and this is what I am looking for when hiring.

~~~PDX~~~
+
guruprasad
post 25.Apr.2013, 02:51 PM
Post #6

Thanks for sharing the information.
Yes, I do agree with you on being fluent in Swedish and I hope I will catch the language fast.

What I am really concerned is about getting the right job in Sweden after completion of my masters. I appreciate your motivating reply and it has certainly raised my spirits to come to Sweden for my masters.

What do you think about Chalmers university and job prospects related to the university.

Thanks.
+
PDX
post 25.Apr.2013, 03:57 PM
Post #7

If you can show:

-Good grades from Chalmers
-Fluency in Swedish
-A couple concrete projects you did on your own outside of university assignment

then you will have plenty of work opportunities to choose from.

~~~PDX~~~
+
sailer
post 25.Apr.2013, 10:28 PM
Post #8

I am in to same field. Swedish is preferred most of the times keep in touch with me (desailer2@gmail.com) I ll be sending job adds.
+
guruprasad
post 26.Apr.2013, 03:24 PM
Post #9

Hi PDX,

Thanks again for pointing out the important things to do on course for masters.

Hi Sailer,

It's great to hear that. Sure, I will keep in touch.

Cheers,
Guru.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se