• Sweden's news in English

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Love column topic?

Emilia needs help selecting topic for next column

Emilia Millicent
post 24.Apr.2013, 01:00 PM
Post #1

Hey fellow Local readers

I'm stuck for a Sweden specific dating column to write next week. Any ideas? Anything particularly Swedish (compared with UK in my case) that I've missed?

Em
Go to the top of the page
+
Migga
post 24.Apr.2013, 01:46 PM
Post #2

Perhaps discuss females asking guys out for a date?
Perhaps you should do a piece on busting up stereotypes?
Perhaps do an article about age. Does age matter? How? Why? How will it be in the future?
What about technologies advances impact on dating?
What about using internet sites for hookups or dates?
What about safe sex?
Should one sleep with someone they feel attracted to as a person or based on looks? Or both?

Some tips, otherwise it`s up to you to figure out topics since it`s your job.
+
skogsbo
post 25.Apr.2013, 06:20 AM
Post #3

Does writing about your lack of a sex life, make you a target for 1 night stands and on tick lists, or scare guys off from anything serious for fear of being written about? Has it made you appear a little neurotic? Life is not like 'sex in the city'?
+
ChocOwl
post 25.Apr.2013, 07:56 AM
Post #4

How about an analysis of the effects of the climate on dating and romance?
I mean,the sun is shining now so let's all go crazy!
+
Emilia Millicent
post 25.Apr.2013, 01:28 PM
Post #5

@Migga Thank you! All good topics.

@Skogsbo Every time I write a column you leave comments that make it obvious you didn't read it properly. Plus you don't seem like a very nice person. So please leave me and my columns alone in the future. And if you're gonna start saying stereotypical stuff like "free speech, love, get used to it" I'd remind you that free speech doesn't automatically make being an arse ok.
+
skogsbo
post 25.Apr.2013, 04:44 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Emilia Millicent @ 25.Apr.2013, 01:28 PM) *
And if you're gonna start saying stereotypical stuff like "free speech, love, get used to it" I'd remind you that free speech doesn't automatically make being an arse ok.

no but, if you are prepared to write about your dates, your thoughts on guys, sex, dating and babies (presuming they are true etc.) then you have to be prepared for the way folk will percieve you, when they read them. Perhaps the way you percieve yourself, is not what other people take in when they hear your thoughts or read your articles?

ps. I did read them.
+
Emilia Millicent
post 25.Apr.2013, 09:01 PM
Post #7

@Migga I think age is a good topic. All my friends (straight and gay) struggle with this. What is an appropriate age gap? What's the deal breaker? Kids, no kids.
+
Emilia Millicent
post 25.Apr.2013, 09:09 PM
Post #8

@skogsbo If you practiced asking open-ended questions rather than close-ended questions that bely your personal judgments, I'd perceive you to be less repugnant.
+
Migga
post 26.Apr.2013, 02:06 PM
Post #9

Age or dating someone who has a child is still taboo for some, even in the oh so modern and liberal Sweden. Like most things it comes from being insecure or following what the norms dictates.
+
sushipeas
post 26.Apr.2013, 02:13 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Emilia Millicent @ 25.Apr.2013, 09:09 PM) *
@skogsbo If you practiced asking open-ended questions rather than close-ended questions that bely your personal judgments, I'd perceive you to be less repugnant.

Lovely! She has you there mate!
+
Yorkshireman
post 26.Apr.2013, 02:19 PM
Post #11

With Omar Sharif or whatever his name was being so much in the news ... why not an article on cross race, and/or religion, column with regards dating and longer term relationships wink.gif Much more interesting and topical than the boring Does age matter?, what if they have kids? crap smile.gif
+
Migga
post 26.Apr.2013, 06:18 PM
Post #12

If one partner dies how does one move on and then start dating again? Should one do so? Much more interesting then cross race/religion crap.
+
skogsbo
post 29.Apr.2013, 07:15 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (Emilia Millicent @ 25.Apr.2013, 09:09 PM) *

curious. So you write articles about your life on the internet for all to see. You make judgements about others you meet, date or how you think everyone is percieving you in relation to a whole host of things. But those reading can't judge you?

Asking if writing articles about your dates, has lowered your dating potential is hardly a closed question. It could range from a yes or no, to a whole thesis? You have to ask yourself, if a bloke blogged about every girl he met or dated, casting opinions and judgements on them, would you date him?

I have a friend whose lassie facebooks etc. every breathing moment of their family life, they don't have a private home life, it drives him mad, but she won't stop and apart from breaking up the family what can he do!! But, it's hardly normal to broadcast such stuff, like many C list celebs craving attention or a minor career etc..
+
Svensksmith
post 29.Apr.2013, 04:14 PM
Post #14

I made a date once from the dating site in the back pages of the newspaper. This was in the days before computer dating. The girl was a bit out of shape (to be kind), had a club foot and was studying to become a pastor.

Years later, when my brother-in-law passed away, hospice assigned a pastor to perform the service which we had at our house. Guess who the pastor was? You got it. My wife got a big kick out of that one.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 29.Apr.2013, 05:51 PM
Post #15

Odd...a person seeking love information/advice...HERE!!! laugh.gif
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options