• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Van hire/rental help

Finally bought an apartment, now to move...

CraigSmith1982
post 26.Apr.2013, 10:08 AM
Post #1

Hello

I am soon moving from my second sublet apartment into my own apartment that I have bought with my sambo. We are really pleased of course!

But now we need to hire a van to move. Previously I have hired from Q8 and Statoil but I have had a pretty poor experience which thankfully ended up with an apology but I would still rather hire from elsewhere.

I see Europcar and Hertz hire out vans but their rates are rather steep. Can anyone recommend another company? It probably useful to know that I live on Södermalm but can get the t-bana or bus to where ever the rental company is...

Thanks for any good suggestions!

Craig
Go to the top of the page
+
Yorkshireman
post 26.Apr.2013, 12:02 PM
Post #2

You could try Mabi or Berras (who actually work together with Mabi).

Alternatively Q8 or Statoil, who for some reason or other actually do credit checks!
+
CraigSmith1982
post 26.Apr.2013, 12:49 PM
Post #3

Thanks Yorkshireman

Unfortunately they do not have the right size van on the date I want... And as I mentioned I am wanting to avoid Q8 and Statoil is possible due to a bad experience.

Fingers crossed someone will come up with some alternative companies.

Craig
+
PDX
post 26.Apr.2013, 12:51 PM
Post #4

I used MABI for all my rental needs. They have a place in Frihamnen that only rents vans. See www.mabi.se . They don't give prices for vans online, so you will have to call them.

~~~PDX~~~
+
CraigSmith1982
post 26.Apr.2013, 01:23 PM
Post #5

Thanks

I'll give Mabi a call. I was referring to to Berras when I said they didn't have what I needed...

Thanks again
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se