Reply to this topic

Dentists in the UK

Any advice

intrepidfox
post 27.Apr.2013, 08:45 PM
Post #1

I have lived in Sweden many years and have paid lots of tax in the UK as well. Can i go to a dentist in the UK having an NH number etc as i can get my teeth done for £200 there, but over here it´s 10,000 kronor. There are rules but any tips to go around it.?
Go to the top of the page
+
eurobloke
post 28.Apr.2013, 07:50 AM
Post #2

Interpidfox I am amazed that you think just because you pay NIC you are entitled to access the NHS. Access to the NHS is through residency not payment, that is what a lot of ex-pats forget.
+
EtoileBrilliant
post 29.Apr.2013, 03:24 PM
Post #3

I'm not sure this is correct. I was in London on a business conference when a crown came off. I looked up a local dentist on Google and went that afternoon. Their response was it would cost me GBP 250 to go private, or if I could come back the next afternoon they could do it on the NHS for GBP 70.

Naturally, I deferred it until the next day. No checks were ever done, I used my old address in the UK. For all they know, I could have walked off a banana boat that morning.

It's there to abuse as a foreigner.
+
intrepidfox
post 29.Apr.2013, 04:16 PM
Post #4

That is what i was thinking. I have my NI number and an address at my parents. I would save 8000:-.
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement
Advertisement

Popular articles

Advertisement
Advertisement