• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Swedish Citizenship Online Application Issues

With credit card payment

EveB
post 16.Jun.2013, 12:26 AM
Post #1

Hello !
This is kind of frustrating ,i have been trying to submit my citizenship application online since that is the fastest way of getting approved quicker than post application ,now i have tried several times to make payment with my visa card but i kept getting Error message after the card verification process ,i have submitted all required documents and filled forms and it states that my application is approved but can't be processed since i haven't paid , which i totally understand.

My problem is ,my card seem to be working fine ,when i use it to pay for other stuff online and offline but not on Migrationsverkets site.
I am wondering if anyone have ever encountered similar problem and how it was resolve without the online application being rejected though to lack of payment ?

I just worry that if i send the application by post alone , that the process for approval will take longer time ,which they states on there website also. i don't have bank account with the banks ,they are asking me to login and pay through .Is it possible to ask someone else to use there credit card and pay for me and i refund them the cost or must it only be my card ?

Thanks in Advance,
Go to the top of the page
+
Hisingen
post 16.Jun.2013, 02:46 PM
Post #2

Just a thought here - could it be you are using a credit card that is non-Swedish? There are many companies, for example, that have the condition that a CC must be on a Swedish bank, although the same company will accept a foreign card over the counter. It seems to be a 'personal' thing.
+
EveB
post 16.Jun.2013, 03:22 PM
Post #3

Thanks for your reply but that's not the case ,because my card is from swedish bank.
+
EveB
post 17.Jun.2013, 06:23 PM
Post #4

I finally paid for the application with a prepaid gift master card ,i bought from pressbyrån called " SPENDON " and it went smoothly without any problem, thanks for all your advice.
+
Hisingen
post 17.Jun.2013, 11:04 PM
Post #5

Nice to know it got sorted, even if by a somewhat roundabout route. Bit of a mystery, though, as to why it was denied. Hopefully it will not be the case in the future. smile.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com