• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Migrationsverket (migration office)

NOT such complete idiots

Jamma0406
post 26.Jun.2013, 03:38 PM
Post #1

Is it just me or does it seem that as part of the job contract for people who work there, you need to be 'mentally challenged'? Thats the nice way of putting that anyway! I could ask them the time if they had a clock right infront of them and you woul get the usual response: 'I don't know'!
We were there yesterday for the second time, after being told to fill in and get lots of things, only this time to be told they didn't need barely any of it at all! Along with this it was quite shocking how rude and clueless the people there were!
Go to the top of the page
+
deaftoned
post 26.Jun.2013, 07:33 PM
Post #2

LOL
+
scandinavian leather
post 26.Jun.2013, 08:13 PM
Post #3

[quote name='Jamma0406' date='26.Jun.2013, 02:38 PM' post='811272' Along with this it was quite shocking how rude and clueless the people there were!
[/quote]

Wait until you visit the skatteverket office the first time. You will be positively glowing about how well you were treated at migrationsverket.

Jus' sayin'
+
Jamma0406
post 30.Jun.2013, 04:14 PM
Post #4

haha, we have been there a few times due t being sent between the two and so far they seem okay there! I guess i shouldn't speak too soon though...!
+
Hisingen
post 30.Jun.2013, 10:10 PM
Post #5

You certainly want to hope that no-one from MV reads these postings, or your situation could become even more untenable. . . . biggrin.gif
+
occassional
post 1.Jul.2013, 08:53 AM
Post #6

It is a general trend that explains the non-existent and mostly mediocre service one get almost everywhere here. Most of the time you feel you are talking to people on mind-slowing drugs. A general air of numbness and couldn't-be-arsed-ness prevails. Computer says Nooooo! And that is when they are not on holiday!
+
Hisingen
post 1.Jul.2013, 05:32 PM
Post #7

As I have commented previously, on another thread, many of MV's employees are of immigrant background, judging from the signatures I have see. So in effect, anyone complaining about MV is also complaining about the immigrant population. And these people must obviously have grasped sufficient knowledge of Swedish to be able to undertake those tasks.
So many comments are totally derogatory about MV, that I wonder if these people show the same attitude when they are there in the MV office. If so, were I working there, I can tell you that many sets of papers would be replaced - at the bottom of the pile. I feel sorry for those working there, having to face such a load of antagonistic immigrants day in and day out, and it is hardly surprising that having had to face these miseries the personnel have difficulty in smiling.
Treat them as morons, and they will do likewise. I would, that is for sure.
Over the years I have ad many dealings with the authorities, both in the UK and here in Sweden, and found that if you treat them as human beings, they will more than likely return the compliment.
Otherwise, everything can go to the bottom of the pile - for another year or so.
Troublemakers - don't you just love them ! ! ! ! rolleyes.gif
+
Rick Methven
post 1.Jul.2013, 06:31 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Hisingen @ 1.Jul.2013, 06:32 PM) *
As I have commented previously, on another thread, many of MV's employees are of immigrant background, judging from the signatures I have see. So in effect, anyone complai ... (show full quote)

I used to take the attitude that those working in immigration had a job to do and at times it could be difficult with Bolshevik immigrants pushing their luck. That changed in 1972 when going with then wife to collect her British nationality certificate from Lunar house in Croyden ( Romanian married to a Brit). The woman at the counter that we went to to collect the certificate went apeshit screaming about Eastern European whores comming to the UK
Taking English husbands. As she had a face like the back of a bus that had been hit from behind by an 60 tonner I could see her frustration but that does not excuse such behavior. My experience with MV in Sweden has been much better.
+
lizziebizzie
post 2.Jul.2013, 03:09 PM
Post #9

Today I went to register for a personal number in Sundbyberg and everything went quite smoothly! I was expecting them to have a translation card for the terms on the form you had to fill out (which they have at the Skatteverket office in Södermalm apparently) and I had to wait about an hour, but the person we talked to was very nice and helpful. Now it's just a 2-to-6-week wait until I can register for everything! I'm glad no one yelled at me blink.gif

So far, my experience with Swedish government agencies has been more pleasant than with Finnish ones biggrin.gif Though it seems that immigration agencies in many countries are understaffed and underfunded, which is certainly not the fault of the people working there but is probably the source of less-than-optimal customer service.
+
aliraza.jibs1
post 2.Jul.2013, 03:32 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Hisingen @ 1.Jul.2013, 05:32 PM) *
As I have commented previously, on another thread, many of MV's employees are of immigrant background, judging from the signatures I have see. So in effect, anyone complai ... (show full quote)

Are you not quick on judging my friend, in Malmo yes there are some but they are not many in any way you use the ratio. Please stop blaming everything on Immigrants and also please note that there is difference between Asylum seeker and Immigrants. Sweden is clearly a heaven for asylum seeks but not as good as you think for Immigrants who does not have a Job or loss the Job.
+
skogsbo
post 2.Jul.2013, 04:33 PM
Post #11

OP, I think before you judge anyone in SV, MV etc. you need to imagine yourself as one of those public sector employees. Probably already under staffed, with some folk not pulling their weight - who they can't get rid of because of Unions, government rule changes that they can't keep up with, new systems of work introduced by middle managers who've never met a customer in 20 or 30years, probably very little on-going training and personal development for front line staff... whilst it may be frustrating, most immigrants and people who moan about them here, have no job yet, no SFI course and thereby have all day to just chill out and let them do their job, a smile or a 'please' or 'thank you' thrown in by you, might just make their day that little bit nicer and more bearable, perhaps even help your paperwork nearer the top of pile smile.gif
+
Hisingen
post 3.Jul.2013, 11:14 AM
Post #12

QUOTE (aliraza.jibs1 @ 2.Jul.2013, 03:32 PM) *
Are you not quick on judging my friend, in Malmo yes there are some but they are not many in any way you use the ratio. Please stop blaming everything on Immigrants and also p ... (show full quote)

Nowhere, repeat, nowhere have i mentioned any ratios, and I am not quick to judge, since I seldom nowadays have need to contact MV. I am commenting on the attitudes shown on these forums - of the many immigrants who do nothing but complain. If they show the same attitude when at MV - then they are making a rod for their own back.

Also, perhaps you have not actually read my comments line for line, since I actually do happen to point out the difference between immigrants and asylum seekers. But then that might no suit your argument.

As to immigrants not having a job - what has that to do with MV? That is up to the person involved, and is his/her responsibility, not that of MV. More like a visit to AF is called for, albeit that AF is not perhaps one of the best authorities to have dealings with. I did not move to Sweden until all my papers and permits were in order, and the job I had been offered was already secure. I did not simply come to look around and then complain when nothing went the way I had planned.
I suggest you get a life, my friend, and also learn to read the texts that you so quickly wish to contradict. Both Skogsbo and I have endeavoured to point out the need for a friendly attitude when in contact with an over-worked and over-stressed department, an attitude that can have positive repercussions by making everyone's day just that little bit lighter.
+
aliraza.jibs1
post 3.Jul.2013, 01:11 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Hisingen @ 1.Jul.2013, 05:32 PM) *
many[b] of MV's employees are of immigrant background, judging from the signatures I have see. So in effect, anyone complaining about MV is also complaining about the immigrant population.

Thats what you said

QUOTE (aliraza.jibs1 @ 2.Jul.2013, 03:32 PM) *
Are you not quick on judging my friend, in Malmo yes there are some but they are not many in any way you use the ratio. Please stop blaming everything on Immigrants and also p ... (show full quote)

Thats what i said as your claim to many so i ask you to use any ratio to prove as you said many of them, i never said you have presented ratio.

QUOTE (Hisingen @ 3.Jul.2013, 11:14 AM) *
Nowhere, repeat, nowhere have i mentioned any ratios, and I am not quick to judge, since I seldom nowadays have need to contact MV. I suggest you get a life, my friend, and al ... (show full quote)

I guess now that I have proven my point so same applies to you. No offence but for me I am tired of people who blame everything on Immigration and them self are nothing more than Tom Dick and Harry.
+
Hisingen
post 3.Jul.2013, 03:17 PM
Post #14

More than one can also be construed as many, but when I was last at MV I saw several, not that I counted, nor did I count the non-immigrants. You are simply splitting hairs to 'doubtfully' prove your point.
But for your benefit I repeat, I judge the attitude of the immigrants by their tone on these forums, your tone included, hence my sympathy for MV employees.
I would hate to work there and face the constant negative attitude that appears here. Whining and moaning, but very few showing either sympathy or empathy.
Bottom of the pile again. Next ! ! !
+
Yorkshireman
post 4.Jul.2013, 12:09 AM
Post #15

Yes there are very many non-Swedish Citizens (saves arguments about immigrants wink.gif ) working for Migrationsverket. In fact you will find that they even have to deal with cases where there is old racial tensions, objections etc... However, whether you believe it or not, they are professional enough to do their job as they are supposed to.

As in most public authorities in Sweden where Swedish Citizenship is not a requirement, if you are looking for a job ... since there are internal objectives to employ immigrants, the current work-force is approx 80% female ... if you are Male, non-Swedish name ... but can speak Swedish, then your chances of being selected for a position are actually quite high. (really!)
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN