• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Post Code Change

Arrrggghhh postennn!

timmah
post 16.Jul.2013, 12:10 AM
Post #1

So, we bought a house in february (second home) and missed any/all notifications of the post code change in March. We just got around to fixing up the post box and ordered some stuff from Amazon. The post is listed as "The address is incomplete" on the tracking and it says the 'item may be delayed'.

Anyone have experience with this? Will the stuff get here? I have another package coming not from Amazon which was mistakenly sent without tracking, so I'm worried about the bloody thing not getting here. Everything has the correct address but the old postcode on it. Maaarrrrgggh.
Go to the top of the page
+
Vi
post 16.Jul.2013, 09:29 AM
Post #2

Bokus.com complains my post code/address is wrong and "package might be delayed" but the packets come here anyway.

I have had completely wrong address but the correct name. If your address is updated in the Tax Office records , you might just get the parcel anyway.
+
timmah
post 16.Jul.2013, 10:06 AM
Post #3

Thanks, fingers crossed as one of the packages is under transportation!

My tax office address is different as the packages had our second home address but if they go to our other address I would be happy just to get them!
+
Gordy
post 16.Jul.2013, 03:39 PM
Post #4

Hopefully your parcel won't encounter some pedant in Posten.

Last year my Mum sent me a letter with some documents I required from Ireland, unfortunately she transposed the first two digits of the post code so it began 32 instead of 23. Everything else on the address was correct.

The post code 32 doesn't appear to exist in Sweden so it should have been obvious that an error had been made.

Instead of checking the address and correcting the mistake some jobsworth in Posten marked the post code as incorrect and returned the letter to the sender in Ireland.
+
timmah
post 18.Jul.2013, 01:07 PM
Post #5

Sounds typical! We got one of the three packages already, and the other two are due today according to the tracking so we are just missing one letter - hopefully it will appear soon. Have fixed our postcode with relatives/amazon/other places now so no more worry over this!

Thanks!
+
DaveN
post 18.Jul.2013, 03:17 PM
Post #6

You should be ok as the old postnummer remains active for a year or so. In fact, it may pay to not rush the change, as many other companies - Danish Post, DHL, Fedex etc, can take up to 6 months to update their systems.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se