• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Leaker Snowden Wouldn't Survive Long In Sweden

Just Look At What Happened To Independent Swedes

Model T Ford
post 18.Jul.2013, 03:48 PM
Post #1

While I believe that former New Hampshire Senator Gordon Humphrey is sincere in urging Sweden to grant whistleblower Edward Snowden asylum here, he seems ignorant of what happened to its own leading politicians, statsminister Olof Palme and Foreign Miniister Anna Lindh, when they stood up to his fellow American Presidents, Ronny Reagan and GW Bush.

Doubt that Snowden would even make it to his hotel if he ever landed in Sweden, much less to any American prison.
Go to the top of the page
+
Model T Ford
post 18.Jul.2013, 04:24 PM
Post #2

Just looked up Humphrey's reaction to Ollie North's conviction for creating a false chronology about Iran-Contra, and destroying evidence about the most dangerous plot at Palme's expense during the Cold War.

The Senator considered it a satisfactory conclusion to the political gimmickry where a little rabbit was caught up legally in the bear-like struggle between the leading political antagonists.

Certainly hope that Snowden doesn't follow his advice, and gain asylum here, as I see him being blown to bits if he ever comes to Sweden.
+
Model T Ford
post 21.Jul.2013, 02:10 PM
Post #3

Good to see that Snowden has not reacted rashly to Humphrey's sucker punch - i.e., the leaker would get as fair a deal with the DoJ as Iran-Contra criminals, especially Oliver North, received at the hands of Special Counsel Lawrence Walsh.

North received a slap on the wrists for directing a massive conspiracy which killed several dozen people, particularly Sweden's statsminister Olof Palme, and would have killed us all if it had been for Soviet spying and counter measures Moscow had adopted to meet the threat.

Snowden would quite clearly be treated like Soviet spies Rick Ames, Robert Hanssen, and Jonathan Pollard if the DoJ ever gets its hands on him - be locked up for life or likely executed for just whistleblowing.

Would be nice to see some important American stick his neck out to really help Snowden rather than just think up ruses which just help entrap him.

Glenn Greenwald increasingly has me thinking along these lines for not only pushing along Humphrey's efforts but also writing a book which will reveal all about Snowden, due to be published next March

Snowden may well be dead by then..
+
Model T Ford
post 3.Aug.2013, 02:18 PM
Post #4

Now that Snowden has been granted asylum by Putin despite Gordon Humphrey's absurd claims - i.e., Washington and Sweden would do nothing uncalled for to harm him while the Russians are going to pry everything they can out of him by drugs, as if he isn't willing to disclose far more than Putin will permit - I expect the controversy to end, as the States and the UK are looking into changing their totalitarian ways which made him a reluctant whistleblower.

And don't be taken in by all the hoopla about where he might be, and what he is doing.

Putin certainly will not give him the play that he allowed 'Russian' spy Anna Chapman of the Manhattan11.
+
chloeff2
post 3.Aug.2013, 02:43 PM
Post #5

Who cares?
+
Svensksmith
post 3.Aug.2013, 03:47 PM
Post #6

He looks like a bit of a poof. I think he would fit in in Stockholm just fine.
+
Model T Ford
post 3.Aug.2013, 03:58 PM
Post #7

Don't see any reason to debunk the international uproar that Snowden has caused, and disparage him for doing so.

What have you seeming poofs ever done? Oh, do tell us otherwise.
+
Model T Ford
post 5.Aug.2013, 02:58 AM
Post #8

The Guardian's coverage of leaker Edward Snowden is already winding down with readers editor Chris Elliott stating that it will publishing everything that he has already given it, avoiding any conflict with Russian President Vladimir Putin over the limitations on his asylum.

Of course, Elliott ends up saying that Snowden's revelations have a long way to go before the are exhausted, but I think little of any importance will appear now.

Snowden has held back everything he knows about America's covert role, especially NSA's, in assassinations, 'false flag' plots, and the use of space weapons to change the international political scene.
+
Model T Ford
post 6.Aug.2013, 06:12 PM
Post #9

And now General Michael Hayden, the Director of NSA and then the CIA who contributed the most into making the USA a totalitarian state, is imagining what will happen if it somehow captures Edward Snowden, and brings him back to face its justice - i. e., his hacker followers and crazy supporters will create havoc in the country, resulting in conditions not worth the effort.

In short, it seems better if the USA just washes its hands of him - hardly a surprising recommendation, given Hayden's
criminality in the whole process.

I'm confident that the General lives in fear over what Snowden might leak.
+
Model T Ford
post 9.Aug.2013, 03:40 PM
Post #10

And now William Hague is coming to Stockholm to visit Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt later this month, a week before President Obama comes to Sweden.

Bildt is the Swedish politician who helped set up Palme for assassination by revealing most falsely to the Neocons in Washington that the commission looking into intrusions into Swedish waters had only been committed by Soviet bloc submarines - what assured the Iran-Contra plotters, especially US Navy Secretary John Lehman, Jr. that Sweden did not have a clue about what his submarines and NATO's were up to in the Baltic and Barents Seas.

Now Bildt will be talking to the Anglo-American plotters about how to deal with leakers Edward Snowden and Julian Assange despite all the talk about formal gatherings and informal vacations.

Wonder if Bildt will come up with a set of proposals which will help make the leakers come to Sweden, like dropping the warrant for Assange to come to Sweden to answer claims about his sexual activities after he is elected to the Australian Senate, and affairs turn sour for Snowden in Russia.

And it isn't the first time an American President has visited Sweden on a bilateral basis, as far as I recall. Didn't a GW visit cause riots in Gothenburg right before 9/11?

I hope that the Swedes make even hotter receptions for Hague and Obama, two of the world's biggest troublemakers.

And in the process put most deserved egg on Bildt's face.
+
Model T Ford
post 9.Aug.2013, 05:29 PM
Post #11

When GW Bush was meeting statsminister Goran Persson during the Gothenburg riots in June 2001, he was heard to say because of a microphone having been left inadvertently on: "It's amazing I won the election. I was running against peace, prosperity, and incumbency."

Let's hope that Obama commits a similar blooper like: "You fix it up, white boy, or I shall take you out back, and beat your ass!"
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 9.Aug.2013, 07:56 PM
Post #12

Gee, MTF!

Five in a row!...Talking to yourself again!

You don't have to prove your most intelligent theories to yourself...Just lay back, in ambush so to speak and pounce on any detractors, using your most proficient command of the English language and facts that are brilliantly indisputable!
+
Model T Ford
post 5.Sep.2013, 03:19 PM
Post #13

The way Obama treated the Nordic leaders, especially Sweden's, during his visit, I'm sure that Edward Snowden would be shipped straight to Gitmo if he ever sought asylum in Sweden.

The Nordic leaders see anything they do for Washington as feathers in their hats even if it just pisses all over them.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN