• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Stabbed bike wheels

Someone got mad?

deaftoned
post 4.Sep.2013, 07:38 PM
Post #1

It seems someone got mad.

If u park ur bike in your building, inside the bicycle room, and one day u go in to see ALL the bikes were stabbed with a knife, wheels destroyed.. whose fault is this? who shall i report to ?

cheers
Go to the top of the page
+
jharris87
post 5.Sep.2013, 09:07 AM
Post #2

Ghostbusters!
+
Hisingen
post 5.Sep.2013, 10:18 AM
Post #3

Clearly the fault is yours by actually having a bike. rolleyes.gif

But on the serious side, there is very little that can be done unless someone has actually seen anyone near the bikes. Reporting to the police - I have never had the experience, but doubt they will do any more than nod and put it down to 'pojkstrek' (boy's fun!') which will not help you in any way. It is tough, and new tyres and tubes are not given away, but I fear you will simply have to grin and bear it. If the cycle room has no lock, then it could even happen again, too. Some people love destroying other people's property.

Others may come up with more helpful suggestions - - -
+
deaftoned
post 8.Sep.2013, 11:06 AM
Post #4

Well there are cameras all over the place. It is a commercial building. But guess what? The security access code of the door was not working (i.e. the door's lock was open). So whose fault is this? Building insurance maybe? Shall I go complain to the police against the building's administration?

Cheers
+
Pursuivant
post 10.Sep.2013, 10:04 AM
Post #5

Some insurances might cover that if it was say in your own blocket, but if it was in a commercial building... get pictures before you go to the police, they might get slightly interested if its just more than one bicycle, and if people start making claims its easier for just one anmälan than 50... of course they won't give a damn.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com