• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Moving to Sweden/Gothenburg

Documentations for working etc

mattstiller
post 21.Sep.2013, 01:22 PM
Post #1

Hi guys!

i'm moving to Sweden on the 18th October, from the UK, i'm English,

I have a job sorted in Gothenburg, but just wondered if any one knows what type of documentation I need to bring with me to get my personal number, security number, national insurance and bank accounts etc,

I do have family out there but trying to be a bit more independent rather than depending on them to sort me out,

so yea many thanks if there is any one who can help!

TAK!

matt
Go to the top of the page
+
Silberfüchschen
post 21.Sep.2013, 02:50 PM
Post #2

To register your right of residence, you should go to migrationsverket. From their website:

You should enclose:

* copies of the pages in your passport or national ID card, showing your citizenship and period of validity. You should copy both sides of the ID card
* employment certificate
* your last three months' wage specifications if you are employed by the hour.

Then go to skatteverket to get the personnummer. From their website:

Make sure you bring the following documents when visiting the Tax Agency:

* a valid passport (if you are a citizen of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, a valid passport or a valid national identity card).
* a residence permit and residence permit card if you are a citizen of a country outside the EEA or if you are stateless.
* a registration certificate from the Migration Board if you have one and documentation that shows you have right of residence (if you are an EEA citizen). See below for Documentation for right of residence.
* a marriage certificate or other document that confirms your relation to a family member who is an EEA citizen and has right of residence in Sweden. Please bring also a residence permit card if you have one.
* documentation proving your marital status.
* birth certificates if you have children.
+
seangaus
post 22.Sep.2013, 10:49 PM
Post #3

Hey boss ... yeah the best thing to do is to go to Migrationsverket, get your residence sorted, it's not too hard with an EU passport and a job offer, very simple, a form and wait by the letterbox - but a fairly long wait sometimes.

Then after that, you can get your personnummer. Just go to Skatteverket with your passport and proof that you have your residence from Migrationsverket, fill out a form and then it should be only a week or two for the personnummer. You can also get an ID-Kort at this point so you can pick up parcels etc, but that takes a few weeks.

Then when you have a personnummer, you can get a bank account, but you need to have the physical printout from Skatteverket, they should be able to open the account that day, and then it'll be a few days before you get the card etc.

I've just done all this myself over the last few months, it's a bit of a pain doing all the waiting but I guess all government departments are the same no matter where in the world you are!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se