• Sweden's news in English

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Get me a job

Now, I command you

Giro
post 25.Sep.2013, 07:30 AM
Post #1

Hello,

I am from Greece, the craddle of western civilization, europe and democracy. No need to thank me, I am humble.

It is your christian and moral duty to help me get a job here in Sweden, so I demand you help me. I am of better social class, so a job in office as clerk to start with would suit me fine.
Go to the top of the page
+
Herlie
post 25.Sep.2013, 07:35 AM
Post #2

Does anybody ever moderate these forums?
+
Seamus Sean
post 25.Sep.2013, 08:07 AM
Post #3

Hi Giro,

I wish I could help, Greeks are nice people, well the ones I´ve met anyway. Well mannered, educated, friendly and kind.
I also enjoy Greek food.

Alas I fear your quest shall be a failure, Greece is a member of the EU and from what I hear and read EU immigrants don´t fair too well in Sweden regardless of the levels of education and skills you may have.

I am sure it would be better to try find employment in other countries that welcome skilled, educated immigrants. Sweden at the moment is importing mostly cleaners, at the rate they are it won´t be long until Sweden is the cleanest country in the world and it may be the case, that even from space, it will be seen to be shining bright and squeaky clean!

It remains to be seen if all the factories that are closing will still need cleaning after the doors are shut and the workers are gone but I´m sure the government will still pay for them to be cleaned if it means keeping the thousands of cleaners employed!
+
Hisingen
post 25.Sep.2013, 09:41 AM
Post #4

I see that the meek, mild and unpretentious are out today.

I order you to stay in Greece.
+
7/1
post 26.Sep.2013, 10:47 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Giro @ 25.Sep.2013, 08:30 AM) *
Hello,I am from Greece, the craddle of western civilization, europe and democracy. No need to thank me, I am humble.It is your christian and moral duty to help me get a job he ... (show full quote)

HELLO Greek man and welcome to Sweden .
There is 4 ways to get Money in Sweden here they are :

1 - Open your own Company ( good luck with is because u need first a capital and there is 50% for you to go konkurs) .
2 - Go to social (kommun) so they send you as praktikant here and there so maybe u will get lucky and your boss there will anstäld you ( if you are lucky of course) , if not , Then my advice to you is to stay on social, because you will get Money and this will be better than nothing.
3 - If your partner work then you can go to arbetförmedling and they will send u here and there so you can get about 3000 kr per month.
4 - Go and get yourself in a kurs (anything) so you can get studybidrag 2000 - 3700 kr (if you have kids) and of course that mean your partner will be working , otherwise you will go back to step number 2.

This is Sweden my dear and nothing you can do about it and if you do not like it so go back to Greece .
Sorry to hit you by facts but this is Sweden and c est la vie =)
+
Lanza572
post 27.Sep.2013, 12:03 PM
Post #6

Maybe the Greek guys Google translate is a bit off blink.gif however, your information in this post is very helpful for myself when I return to Sweden in the next few months. Thanks to yourself and of course to the greek guy's thread title for catching my eye wink.gif
+
Somebody
post 27.Sep.2013, 12:26 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (7/1 @ 26.Sep.2013, 10:47 AM) *
HELLO Greek man and welcome to Sweden .There is 4 ways to get Money in Sweden here they are :1 - Open your own Company ( good luck with is because u need first a capital and t ... (show full quote)

What is konkurs, if I can ask?
BTW, this was quite rude and offensive post. Are you Swedish?
+
Lonewolf87
post 27.Sep.2013, 12:42 PM
Post #8

Don't we all you silly bugger!
(I would prefer to say something different but Im sure it would of been removed otherwise.

I don't think his google translator was off, looks pretty well structured to me.
+
Somebody
post 27.Sep.2013, 12:44 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Lonewolf87 @ 27.Sep.2013, 11:42 AM) *
Don't we all you silly bugger!(I would prefer to say something different but Im sure it would of been removed otherwise.I don't think his google translator was off ... (show full quote)

but yours definitely is smile.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options