• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

New Job Offer

Contract contents

luveyduvey
post 27.Dec.2013, 09:17 AM
Post #1

I might get a new job offer from a Swedish Employer.
As this might be the first time dealing with it, would like know what things to look for in the employment contract. It is not that I have had job contracts in my past but things might work different in different countries so please share your knowledge on this. Things like probation period, vacation, hrs of work, etc...
Go to the top of the page
+
badkarma
post 30.Dec.2013, 10:30 AM
Post #2

3-4 weeks vacation (during probation period you might have right to 2 weeks unpaid but you get vacation money payed out on regular salary).
3-6 months probation period.
8 hours of work per day, with OB if there's uncomfortable hours.
check if flex and overtime is available in contract.
1 month "lay off" notice (might not get this during probation period but you might be able to negotiate).
then there's "förmåner" which should be something like 1000-2500kr per year for gym card.
make sure to register with a relevant "union" and A-kassa before you start working.
+
luveyduvey
post 1.Jan.2014, 06:19 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (badkarma @ 30.Dec.2013, 10:30 AM) *
3-4 weeks vacation (during probation period you might have right to 2 weeks unpaid but you get vacation money payed out on regular salary).3-6 months probation period.8 hours ... (show full quote)

This union and A-kassa registration , is it to be done by employer or employee? Also does companies cover health insurance ??
+
IvanDraga
post 1.Jan.2014, 06:21 PM
Post #4

Regarding Union it depends, usually by employer. Health insurance is based on your residence, not your work.
+
LLHope
post 1.Jan.2014, 09:53 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (IvanDraga @ 1.Jan.2014, 05:21 PM) *
Regarding Union it depends, usually by employer. Health insurance is based on your residence, not your work.

No. It is the employee that must join/register with a union if they want to and also join an a-kassa if they want to,
it has nothing to do with the the employer.

If your offer/contract contains anything that is less than the current employment law then even if you sign it it is
the employment law that counts. e.g. If the employer offers 4 weeks vacation, it is 5 weeks that counts since that is law.

It also depends upon what level job you are talking about, for a reasonable offer look for:-
- 5 weeks vacation, sometimes 6 for management positions where overtime is not paid and 1 extra weeks vacation
is offered as expected compensation for non paid overtime.
- 3 to 6 months trial period, however depending upon the employers need to hire you this can be negotiated away
right from the start.
- If the employer has a collective agreement with any union, even if you are not a member, ensure that there is at least
a line that states collective agreement contents also apply to you (they do anyway, but always better to have in writing).
- Employer pension contributions over-and-above mandatory payments in social charges. (ITP, ITPK etc...)
- Mobile phone to be classed as benefit and not working tool
- Bonus scheme, if any, in writing.
- Working hours, normally 40/week.
- Notice period, initially aim for 3 months employer-side, 1-month your side. Again, depends upon skills, need, seniority
and can be negotiated upwards.

That should do for starters.
+
IvanDraga
post 2.Jan.2014, 12:09 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (LLHope @ 1.Jan.2014, 09:53 PM) *
. No. It is the employee that must join/register with a union if they want to and also join an a-kassa if they want to, . it has nothing to do with the the employer.

Oh, thanks a lot!! I always thought i was protected, that is pension which is provided for me by employer, not akassa
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com