• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Goodbye to 2013

Hello to a new year

Svensksmith
post 1.Jan.2014, 12:49 AM
Post #1

As I get set to bid another year adieu, I can reflect back on 2013 and declare (for myself and my family) that it was a good year. I hope it was this way for those on TL forum, as well. I am not big on new year's resolutions but, what the heck. I resolve to kick it up a notch and loose the 5 pounds or thereabouts of flab that has somehow attached itself to my belly and also to get my office room cleared out. The office I can tend to tomorrow, the fat...may take a little longer. I wish a good new year to you all!
Go to the top of the page
+
Shadi M
post 1.Jan.2014, 01:57 AM
Post #2

Thanks Svensksmith, Happy new year everybody!
+
deaftoned
post 1.Jan.2014, 02:50 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Svensksmith @ 1.Jan.2014, 12:49 AM) *
As I get set to bid another year adieu, I can reflect back on 2013 and declare (for myself and my family) that it was a good year. I hope it was this way for those on TL foru ... (show full quote)

try this liposuction thing?
+
Svensksmith
post 1.Jan.2014, 12:57 PM
Post #4

No thanks, I'll just go with old fashioned exercise and try to keep my hands out of the cookie jar.
+
Hisingen
post 1.Jan.2014, 01:03 PM
Post #5

Thanks, Svensksmith, and the same to you and yours.
For me read garage for your office. I have done quite a lot of DIY during 2013, and now I can hardly find my bench for tools and waste materials. Since there will be yet more DIY during 2014, I must do something about it, and - yes - that extra inch or three on the waistline that crept up over the Christmas/New Year period. Especially as I have to manage to climb my short ladder again this year, and pulling the extra weight up and down is a bit much for the old ticker.
To all you others on the forum I add my good wishes for 2014.
Maybe we will be able to help little Ivor to improve - and even see the error of his/her ways.
+
Model T Ford
post 1.Jan.2014, 01:46 PM
Post #6

2013 was a year of great changes for me, quite stressful but it accomplished a lot.

Managed to set up a new life in the States despite its spooks trying to set me up in some kind of shooting,, and holding back my furniture at my expense in the hope of proving that I am some enemy's spy, either Tehran's or Beijing.

Still managed to get myself living in a nice apartment in a nice area of New Haven, got a new set of wheels and am able to drive it, and got myself off taking insulin, so I won't be signing up for Obama Care unless forced to.

The biggest plus was finally getting another dog, a Tibetan terrier who keeps me going day and night. He is the most intelligent, curious, active, loving creature that anyone could want, and other people are constantly asking me if they can take Domino off my hands.

Hope everyone else had as positive year as I had, and I hope all of us even improve more in 2014.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 1.Jan.2014, 09:45 PM
Post #7

Hey!!! Me too!!!

Best to all Locallers...even you know who!!!

Let's make 2014 a fun year here!!!

laugh.gif
+
Svensksmith
post 2.Jan.2014, 12:24 AM
Post #8

Well, I did manage to get the office cleaned out but the fat remains even though I did hit the gym this morning. Of course, I am sitting here drinking a Guinness and that is likely where the problem stems from. But my Gawd man, does one have to give up everything?

It's heartwarming to hear of your new pup, T. We just got a new pup as well...an Australian Shepherd. He's cuter than a bug and rapidly worming his way into our hearts. We got him a few weeks ago and christened him, "Nelson", and just a few days later, Nelson Mandela died.

Woo-ooo-ooo-ooo...
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 2.Jan.2014, 12:47 AM
Post #9

The "pup" is Tibetan...methinks it will be an entry to a very large and nefarious political intrigue leading to a rather brilliant conspiratorial posting by it's owner.

What better way to gain access to a country...by being the parent of one of it's citizens???...I mean MTF thinks of every thing... rolleyes.gif
+
Model T Ford
post 2.Jan.2014, 03:01 PM
Post #10

Thanks, guys, a dog certainly moves one into unchartered territory, particularly if one's in a new country.

My old dog, Fresco, certainly made a big difference when my ex and I were living in Portugal and Sweden. He opened access to all kinds of experiences, like getting his mouth ripped open when he tried to bring down a wild boar, and his leg ripped open when he tried to bring down a stag.

He wasn't afraid of anything or anybody, opening up all kinds of happening which wouldn't have happen otherwise, like meeting people, and being confronted with experiences which are baffling.

I remember when I rejoined my ex in Lidingo, and Fresco disappeared when I arrived, and after a few minutes he reappeared at the back door of our row house after he had cased the joint to his satisfaction.

He obviously helped keep us together longer than would have happened otherwise.

Domino is the same kind of dog.

Yesterday, I had a most odd set of experiences because of him, having a long, pleasant conversation with woman whose dog he was playing with - one so long that her husband went back to their car, and started honking to make her stop.

Then there was a guy in the next exercise yard whose three dogs, especially the two pit bulls, are such a menace. Another young woman whose dog Domino was playing with departed the scene is a hurry, and without hardly a word as soon as she spotted them,and I almost immediately learned why.

They started barking and charging the fence to get his attention, and he responded in kind so much that I feared that they would jump the fence, and tear us both to pieces. I had to throw rocks towards him to try to get him to break off the confrontation, and ultimately had t whack him with the leash to succeed.

All the while, the dogs' owner was yelling at me for abusing him, and a black guy across the street joined in, supporting his complaints while I was yelling back that the problem was the owner and his damned dogs, and the black guy should keep his nose out of ones he didn't understand. I thought it would end up in some kind of dog-race riot, but it didm;t.

It was still some New Year's Day! I and Domino have a full year to recover before the next one arrives. smile.gif
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 2.Jan.2014, 09:14 PM
Post #11

Hey! MTF!!!

Do you think we are dolts???

You can't fool us!!!

Domino???

That name is in spybook 101!!!

You got a new partner in espionage/conspiracy...and coyly pretending that it is a dog!...

Well maybe she fits the bill as an ugly woman...ergo...the "dog" title...but stop trying to throw us off your trail of ever increasing secrecy as to your true intent here...you are being watched...ooops...under surveillance...so be careful of what you mistakenly reveal here...

Remember there are people truly "out to get you" so be truthful to/with us and we will protect you!!! rolleyes.gif
+
Hallander
post 2.Jan.2014, 09:22 PM
Post #12

Do dogs in USA have to have be chipped ? Have you considered that the dog might be microchipped with a listening device so they can spy on you. Or to have a GPS chip so that they track your every movement ? Ah, the possibilities are endless.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 2.Jan.2014, 09:38 PM
Post #13

MTF is totally aware of "chips" the shipment of his furniture was held up in "port" for a while...during that time those dastardly fiends implanted "chips" in his favorite chair!!!

Imagine...desecrating a favorite chair!!!...Those miscreants have no shame!!!

Fortunately MTF found them and now can continue to protect us from international evil...where would we be without him!!!

"Ya gotta believe" laugh.gif... rolleyes.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com