• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Swedish hospitals, sharp increase in guns & knifes

Dealing with a changing society

Ivor stephé
post 1.Jan.2014, 12:15 PM
Post #1

Very interesting article which looks into how hospitals and staff have had to learn to deal with the ever changing, more violent attitude in Swedish society.

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?...artikel=5745978
Go to the top of the page
+
Ivor stephé
post 1.Jan.2014, 05:09 PM
Post #2

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?...artikel=5746200
The emergency wards at hospitals in Sweden's three biggest cities see more people stabbed by knives or shot at, than ten year ago, Swedish Radio News reports. The increase has lead to Swedish surgeons turning to countries with more experience from such injuries, like for example the US and South Africa, to learn more.

Back in 2003, 4-5 percent of the injuries came from so called "penetrative violence", such as gunshots and knife wounds. Today, it is more like ten percent, according to the trauma unit at Karolinska Hospital in Stockholm.

Surgeons at the hospital are now trained to better deal with the injuries, and among the teachers are surgeons from the US and South Africa, where the "penetrative violence" is between 30 and 50 percent, says Louis Riddez, chief surgeon at Karolinska.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 1.Jan.2014, 09:30 PM
Post #3

Ivor, your new persona is incredible!!!

Changing society!!!

What a statement...I always knew that you had SD leanings!!!

Now. lad let's hear about how you would stop immigration by these foreign lawbreakers and leaches on decent Swedish society, that which you are so proud to be a part of!!!

C'mon lad...you're on a roll now!!! laugh.gif
+
Ivor stephé
post 1.Jan.2014, 11:04 PM
Post #4

Who says immigration has any role in changing society?
It would be interesting to understand your view on social change.

Which part of Sweden are you currently living in?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 1.Jan.2014, 11:44 PM
Post #5

Good one!!!

Trying to "weasel out" on your insinuated thoughts of a changing Swedish society...don't try to be opaque...you are crystal clear in your alluding to a changing Swedish society.

Societies in your eye change due to an influx of foreign ideas and peoples...C'mon guy!!! Admit it!!!...Your postings here are a subliminal message fomented by your adherence to SD ideology...you are the forefront in an insidious scheme to deter through negative depiction of Swedish society in such a way as to deter people from other countries seeking to better themselves by immigrating to Sweden...You don't want them here because you want to keep beloved Sweden to yourself and do not want to share her many virtues with people you deem inferior to your idea of what a Swede should be!

Gee, and I thought your posts glorifying Swedish policing efforts were, in fact a kudo on their efforts to crack down on unlawful immigrant behaviour...Well you can still redeem yourself by not challenging my thoughts and trying to find out private information about my home address...keep asking and I will get MTF on your case and he will begin counter espionage activities on just who and what you really are...and if you are found wanting you neck puppet will be confiscated and held away from you until you repent in a most positive way...Understood!!!
+
Ivor stephé
post 2.Jan.2014, 12:01 AM
Post #6

As a Swede with mixed heritage, I can't understand why you would accuse me of having political believes with Swedens 3rd largest party? Especially since my phisical features wouldn't do me any favours by supporting such a party.

What part of Sweden do you currently live in?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 2.Jan.2014, 12:37 AM
Post #7

Oh, Ivor!!!

How could you???

Are you not in favour of the (your words) of Sweden's third most popular political party because they do not look like you???

Wow!!!

You claim to be Swedish and as such you should embrace all others as you would have them embrace you...not physically of course, but in acceptance of being different to the "native" constraints of modern day Swedish society.

How dare you condemn a group of people because they do not look like you...you, sir... are racially insensitive and politically incorrect to the "max"...I think that it would be best for you to open a dialog with those that you condemn as different from you and try to atone for your racist attitude and also establish a dialog with those you deem improper to your beliefs, so that a common ground of understanding will be established.

I hopefully await for your reply...and am keenly awaiting the joy you will have felt when you realize, people that do not look like you are not bad.

Embrace the SD, after all, a lot of Swedes do!!!

I live in a barn in Söderhamn.
+
Seamus Sean
post 2.Jan.2014, 08:11 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 2.Jan.2014, 12:37 AM) *
Oh, Ivor!!!How could you???Are you not in favour of the (your words) of Sweden's third most popular political party because they do not look like you???Wow! ... (show full quote)

Post of the day...hey post of the year (well so far anyway)! biggrin.gif
+
LLHope
post 2.Jan.2014, 05:25 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Ivor stephé @ 1.Jan.2014, 11:15 AM) *
Very interesting article which looks into how hospitals and staff have had to learn to deal with the ever changing, more violent attitude in Swedish society. http://sverigesra ... (show full quote)

So you didn't read the report that was published in October 2013 in DN, where it showed that despite the fact that the
politicians, NGO's and Media present the image that the streets of Sweden are becoming less safe and serious violence
is increasing, the actual real number of violent crimes has reduced significantly, including the number of street violence
incidents.

Or is it that you are working for Swedish Radio/Media and wish to perpetuate the lies about violence increasing
in Sweden in order to generate traffic to the site you link?
+
Seamus Sean
post 2.Jan.2014, 07:41 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Ivor stephé @ 1.Jan.2014, 12:15 PM) *
Very interesting article which looks into how hospitals and staff have had to learn to deal with the ever changing, more violent attitude in Swedish society. http://sverigesra ... (show full quote)

I can see how the staff can be educated but how can a hospital be taught anything Ivor?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 2.Jan.2014, 08:08 PM
Post #11

Wait a minute...staff...isn't that a walking aid???
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com