• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

HEALTH WARNING. Swedish food recall

15th January 2014

Ivor stephé
post 15.Jan.2014, 01:14 PM
Post #1

Scan is recalling one of their products after health and safety fears.
The product is Scan's Bullens pilsner sausage, which is a tinned variety.

http://www.metro.se/nyheter/jasande-korvbu...;a4QiCKISA5xog/
Go to the top of the page
+
John.Smith
post 15.Jan.2014, 02:28 PM
Post #2

What's the recall about?? Too much actual meat and not enough pink-slime in the Swedish 'sausage'?
+
Ivor stephé
post 15.Jan.2014, 03:09 PM
Post #3

The recall is based on what I believe is related to the processed meat used in these sausages which are kept in a self contained bath of preservatives. I believe that the bath in which they are stored in within the can is susceptible to foreign infection. Resulting in the need to remove certain cans from the shop shelves and request a nationwide recall.

You need to remember that Swedish food has been under the spotlight for many health concerns lately.

From baltic salmon and other fish needing to carry health warnings on them in Sweden, and bans on exporting them to Europe. To the horse meat saga and lately the water contamination issues.

But its good that this type of information is coming out so that consumers can not only protect their own health through information. But also make informed choices.
+
skogsbo
post 15.Jan.2014, 05:31 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Ivor stephé @ 15.Jan.2014, 03:09 PM) *
You need to remember that Swedish food has been under the spotlight for many health concerns lately.

you need to remember that those incidents you list are the result of a fairly rigorous testing system, which most countries either don't have or ignore the results. There are far worse things happening in food around the world, that goes unreported to the end user.

but, yes Swedish sausage is pretty grim, even when not contaminated. I imported some excellent sausage at new year from the UK.
+
Opalnera
post 15.Jan.2014, 07:40 PM
Post #5

That sounds disgusting, TBH if you're eating canned meat you get what you deserve.
+
duaneram
post 20.Jan.2014, 10:42 PM
Post #6

I've personally never had canned sausage, but if it'S close to other types of canned meats, it can't be very good. However, food recalls happen all the time and most often it's more of a precaution than an indication that the cans are 100% sure to be contaminated.
+
duaneram
post 8.May.2014, 11:48 AM
Post #7

Come to think of it, the only canned food that can pass as meat that I occasionally eat is tuna. But even that doesn't compare to the real thing.

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se