• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Studying in Sweden,living there but working in DK

eu citizen

lostinSE
post 20.Jan.2014, 08:40 PM
Post #1

I am an EU citizen currently residing and working in Denmark (for the past 2 years). I have all the necessary papers to live and work in denmark. A few questions that i want to ask :

1. Can I live and study in Sweden while working in Denmark ?
2. Since I already have a CPR number,can I get a Swedish personnummer also? Or do I need to give up on the cpr number?
3. I have a residence permit in Denmark. Can I have a Swedish residence permit also or do I need to give up on the danish one to get a swedish one ?
4. What happens to the already payed danish a-kassa?

Basically I have nothing in Sweden but school at the moment and I have everything in Denmark but school. Is this plan plausible ?
Go to the top of the page
+
IvanDraga
post 20.Jan.2014, 11:38 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (lostinSE @ 20.Jan.2014, 08:40 PM) *
I am an EU citizen currently residing and working in Denmark (for the past 2 years). I have all the necessary papers to live and work in denmark. A few questions that i want t ... (show full quote)

1. Yes.
2. If you plan to live in Sweden more than one year
3. Normally you can not have both.
4. AFAIK you can take e301 form, and this period will be accounted in Sweden, but this info should be double checked. Note: you can not take swedish unemployment benefits while studying.

If you worry about your residence status, then i would just be still registered in Denmark on paper, but live in Sweden.
+
LLHope
post 21.Jan.2014, 12:09 AM
Post #3

The general principle for EU citizens is that where you pay your social taxes is the member state that covers you for social welfare and medical insurance.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se