• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Handy Man / Repair Man

Also English / Spanish editing, proof reading, etc

garcialevis
post 28.May.2014, 09:07 AM
Post #1

Hello folks,

I have prior experience as a repair man in the U.S. I am living in the Lund area and I can offer my services in the Lund/Malmo and areas in between or in close range (small towns south of Helsingborg). I can fix/replace door handles, locks, hinges, the door itself, cabinets, knobs, window cranks, resealing bath tubs, sinks, replace faucets, light fixtures, electrical outlets, yard maintenance, bicycle repair, and other general repairs needed in and around the house/apartment. Send me a message and we can talk about what is needed and come up with a fair price.

I can also provide services for English or Spanish proof reading, editing, or any other language assistance (in English or Spanish).

I am currently searching for work but since I recently moved to Sweden and don't speak the language yet, it's been a bit difficult to find. Therefore, I am leveraging my abilities to earn a bit of income as I continue my job hunt. The job I left behind in the US was of a mortgage underwriter. I have a lot of mortgage experience and a finance degree, but also customer service experience in retail/food industry from my college days.

Also, if anyone knows of a place that is looking for help or employees with what I described, please let me know and I'll contact them.
Thanks, y'all.
Go to the top of the page
+
electric_magnetic
post 29.May.2014, 08:17 AM
Post #2

Hi!

If I may offer you some advice it would be to try to find ppl from your home country, US or to connect with ppl who speak the same languages. I'm sure you already know that networking is very important but in Sweden it's the only way to find a job. At least that's my experience.
Also look for spanish speaking expat groups on Facebook.
I hope you'll find work soon... After all Swedes are crazy for Americans :-)
+
garcialevis
post 4.Jun.2014, 07:58 AM
Post #3

Thank you for the tip electric_magnetic. Networking seems to be key in Sweden and I will keep working on it.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se