• Sweden's news in English

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Bringing non EU spouse to Sweden

getting perm. residency in Sweden or withing EU

nice_guy
post 31.May.2014, 07:28 AM
Post #1

Dear Readers,

I am a Swedish citizen and I would like to bring my spouse to Sweden. I would like to know how long it takes for migrationseverket to process the application and make a decision. Also would she get a PU after 2 years, or it takes longer?

thanks much in advance

Go to the top of the page
+
ChocOwl
post 31.May.2014, 08:10 AM
Post #2

Have you checked the forum for old threads on this topic? This topic has been covered many times.
Also suggest check Migrationsverket's website, and return with more specific questions if you don't find answer there or in the forum archive.
You will need to provide more specific details about your situation for anyone on the forum to give you any useful advice.
+
nice_guy
post 5.Jun.2014, 09:28 AM
Post #3

Thanks for the reply.

I checked other threads and the migrationsverkets website as well.

One specific question I have is, while waiting for migrationsverket's decision for residency permit, is it possible to obtain a tourist visa for my wife from Sweden or other Schengen country for that matter, just for visiting Europe?

Thanks!
+
makemydag
post 5.Jun.2014, 11:34 AM
Post #4

She can visit anywhere in Europe except Sweden. Once you get the decision, you can bring her in the country from anywhere. Has she already had the interview in her home country (or wherever she designated as the closest Embassy)? If she has, the decision typically seems to come pretty quickly, so a call to Migrationsverket couldn't hurt.

Good luck!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options