• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

Consumption of sill : tell me of your faves

Benzed
post 13.Nov.2006, 08:19 PM
Post #1

Having gradually increased my sill consumption by the month, I would now say skärgårdssill is my absolute favourite.

It´s fair to say I don´t largely venture away from the Abba range, but still. Sill. What a grower.

[img]http://www.swestuff.com/images/skargardssill.gif[/img]
Go to the top of the page
+
Nicklouse
post 13.Nov.2006, 08:25 PM
Post #2

any all. cant say i have found one that i dont like.

like the lingon and the Orange one when it was about.
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 13.Nov.2006, 08:40 PM
Post #3

If anyone can explain to me how it is that I dislike most fish that I've ever eaten (tuna and salmon aside), and yet I can eat raw pickled herring, I'd be really grateful.
+
Shark99 - The Great Catsb...
post 13.Nov.2006, 08:45 PM
Post #4

I actually like stektsill the most, it's yummy in my tummy, just like fried chicken.
+
Faithless
post 13.Nov.2006, 08:47 PM
Post #5

* Senapssill
* Matjesill with LOADS of sour cream/gräddfil
* Löksill

Don't stray from ABBA unless to a more exclusive brand, the cheaper/Konsum/ICA ones can be a real disappointment.

+
Benzed
post 13.Nov.2006, 09:03 PM
Post #6

Roger that Faithy me ol´ china. Wouldn´t want to risk low quality where raw herring is concerned eh.

9 pieces of knäckebröd and half a jar of skärgårdssill. A quality dinner indeed.
+
Nicklouse
post 13.Nov.2006, 09:08 PM
Post #7

sounds like too much knäckebröd.
+
*Torque*
post 13.Nov.2006, 09:17 PM
Post #8

Aren't there any fresh herring stands with onion, okay, dill, in Sweden? There's an entrepreneurial venture for ya.
+
Benzed
post 13.Nov.2006, 09:19 PM
Post #9

That´s more Nederlanden fare.

[img]http://thepetitepig.typepad.com/the_petite_pig/images/dutch_herring.jpg[/img]
+
Shark99 - The Great Catsb...
post 13.Nov.2006, 09:21 PM
Post #10

Nothing like a Dutch deep throat.
+
*Torque*
post 13.Nov.2006, 11:31 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (Benzed)
That´s more Nederlanden fare.

So, Swedes really prefer their herring out of a jar, or I guess in an expensive restaurant smorgasbord arena? Shame.
+
Faithless
post 13.Nov.2006, 11:35 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Torque)
Aren't there any fresh herring stands with onion, okay, dill, in Sweden? There's an entrepreneurial venture for ya.

Theres one about 200 meters from me, at Slussen.

+
*Torque*
post 14.Nov.2006, 01:08 AM
Post #13

Good, good, good, Faithless. There's nothing like a good, fresh, just right amount of a high protein snack when you're out and about...and one that tastes so good! Still, I'm certain there could be more, and when it's not herring season, a snackstand of korb and whatever else would be handy and nice to eat, too. Good for the social amongst you, and those who can stand being outside.
+
Alfredo
post 14.Nov.2006, 10:53 AM
Post #14

Sillily enough, I too have been ruminating over the wonders of sill in a jar ...

I've got an opened jar in the fridge.

It's been there about 3 weeks.

I should like to ask the panel, whether they think the contents will be okazay for ingestion, or will I suffer unfortunate and embarrassing consequences ...

Aside from this, I'm looking forward to trying the Skärgårdssill, as I have got very bored with senap.

Fill up with sill!
+
Mzungu
post 14.Nov.2006, 12:00 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Alfredo)
I've got an opened jar in the fridge.

It's been there about 3 weeks.

I should like to ask the panel, whether they think the contents will be okazay for ingestion, or will I suffer unfortunate and embarrassing consequences ...

Throw it out!

Not worth the risk, have seen the consequences of an opened jar of sill which was a "little too ripe"... not a talking matter!!
+

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN