• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Full time job and temporary personnummer

How to make the switch if possible quickly

quickq
post 4.Jun.2014, 07:58 PM
Post #1

Hej tongue.gif

I am going to be working as a full-time intern over the summer and part-time in the autumn for an engineering firm, but I do not have a personnummer. I have a temporary one but do not have European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). I am a European Citizen but due to technicalities I cannot get the EHIC (yet). I am a full-time student during the rest of the year, but now that I am working, I would like to get the real personnummer.

Does anyone perhaps know if I qualify for European Health Insurance now with a job? Where should I go first? The Skatteverket or the Migrationsverket? Maybe Arbetsförmedlingen can help?

My thoughts are to go to Migrationsverket to apply for residence. Then after I get the residence, go to Skatteverket to get Personnummer. Perhaps there is a speedy process for people who have work? Then how would I get the EHIC?

Thank you for the help
Go to the top of the page
+
kokoko
post 4.Jun.2014, 08:35 PM
Post #2

Go to Skatteverket with your job contract and ask for personnummer.
For EHIC you should register at Försäkringskassan but get personnummer first.
+
quickq
post 4.Jun.2014, 09:51 PM
Post #3

Thank you kokoko. I will do that tomorrow then. Skatteverket does need a residence permit (right of residence for EU citizens) from Migrationsverket for the personnummer?

The Försäkringskassan also does not need the same?
+
makemydag
post 5.Jun.2014, 09:39 AM
Post #4

Skatteverket does ask for a residence permit, but you can call and ask them to make sure. Their number is 0771- 567 567
+
littleviking
post 5.Jun.2014, 12:14 PM
Post #5

if you study or work and your are from EU you have nothing to do with the Migration office since 1 of May
you go to Skatteverket with your work contract and ask for a personal number and for added importance you bring your admission letter to show you will work and study for more then a year.
With a work contract they will not ask your for a eu health card since you will work here your supposed to insured in sweden. If you just go with the study paper they will require some health insurance proof.
Arbetformedlingen is useless since your are from EU as well as Migration Office.
+
Mo
post 5.Jun.2014, 01:31 PM
Post #6

I Think you'll only get a personnummer if your contract is > 1 year
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN