• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

International custody case Us vs Sweden

Neither kids born in Sweden/ married in the US/

Lola2014
post 5.Jun.2014, 02:28 AM
Post #1

I have a complex custody case that somehow turned into a Hague petition:

We were married in the US.
Only lived in Sweden for a year in our 8 years of marriage.
We lived there in 2012 with our fist child who was born in Australia 6 years ago.
Then I left Sweden to return home with our son with his written consent.
Our second child was born in the US a year ago.
My husband came after the birth and decided he doesn't want to live in the US as planned and agreed.
Then he filed for Hague petition and he was declined by the state court.
Months later having hired four lawyers specialized in The Hague they filed at the federal court
And a month ago my nursing infant was taken away from me in a brutal and violent way.
They were returned to Sweden pending the custody proceedings.

We are still married and there is no custody orders
Neither of the kids were born there and one is never been there
But somehow this federal judge decided Sweden has jurisdiction over the custody proceedings!!!

I have a lawyer in Sweden and Everyone is confused including the Swedish court apparently!
Now I have been asked to go to Sweden to meet with social service to determine with whom
The children would live.
Can someone on this board please tell me what kind of questions do they ask?
What is this about? I was suppose to go to a hearing and not this?

Thanks for your response in advance
Desperate mother.
Go to the top of the page
+
makemydag
post 5.Jun.2014, 09:37 AM
Post #2

Are you or the father an American citizen? By law the child born in the USA IS an American citizen, and usually the courts are not so happy to separate mother from child. Although Sweden isn't a war zone, it's not where they know as home, and there should be someone that you can contact about that. I would suggest finding a human rights lawyer in the States. This might make some publicity where you are, but that might be in your favor. The US believes that the mother is in the best interest for the child, and if the father leaves without your consent - especially to another country - that is considered kidnapping. Sweden and the US have a working relationship, and it is possible to get your children back. Start with the police. Let them know what happened and file a report. From there it will get escalated, and you may get more information than we can provide here.

I'm very sorry for the situation that you are in, and I hope that you get your kids back soon.
+
Lola2014
post 5.Jun.2014, 05:24 PM
Post #3

I am an American citizen. He is swedish. This was a court order from the federal court.
I appealed here in the US. I have spoken to over 40 attorneys in the US and worldwide and no one understands the court
Order. It is unconstitutional to take away an US born citizen to an other country for jurisdiction.

I got screwed because he had hired four lawyers and I had none. Could not afford $100000 for this Hague case.

Now I have to fight with the Swedish court and they are biase from what I read here on and others blogs and the US embassy warning about the Swedish court system.

Thanks for your reply.
+
intrepidfox
post 5.Jun.2014, 05:35 PM
Post #4

I am sorry that i cannot help, i wish i could.

I really hope that things work out for you. Good luck
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 5.Jun.2014, 05:37 PM
Post #5

An American Court allowed a minor citizen to be taken from the country, without allowing time for an appeal...is that what you are saying???

Also the Australian born child too???
+
Lola2014
post 6.Jun.2014, 01:57 AM
Post #6

Yes a federal judge who has no clue about family law.
A nursing infant of 11 months old and a six year old who is an US and Swedish citizen.

As I wrote before no one understand this. I am a lawyer myself not in the family law but the whole world is on shock When they learn about this.
They took a nursing infant and and took a six years who was in kindergarten and had 5 weeks left before school was over and the father refused to let him finish school.

Most people call this legal kidnapping as he got a Swedish passport for the baby without my authorization or picture of the baby.

Anyway I have to deal with the Swedish court now. Have no clue how this works!
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 6.Jun.2014, 03:09 AM
Post #7

What about the appeal process to the ruling???

Was there any???

What grounds were stated as a justification to this event???

Where did you surrender the children???
+
Lola2014
post 6.Jun.2014, 08:35 AM
Post #8

I appealed to a higher court and the appeal briefing is set for August
I ask for a stay of the order pending the appeal. The appeal court asked the lower court to make a ruling
And the same federal judge declined and screamed at me for trying to do everything in my power to keep the children in the US.

The judge found Sweden has jurisdiction because my oldest child lived there for a year prior to our consent move to the US. But since we were temporarily as we had nothing there it should not been considered as a habitual residence.

Very odd decision. But as always the kids are the one suffering.
I had to drop my infant at a police station.
My oldest was picked up by his father at the hospital as he try to commit suicide because he refused to go to Sweden and he is afraid of his father as he was abusive to us.
Hospital had to drug him to hand him over.

I am shattered and heart broken but I had to follow the law or else I would end up in jail for contempt of the court orders.

+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 6.Jun.2014, 02:54 PM
Post #9

What city allowed a minor to be drugged in order to deport him???
+
martin8558
post 6.Jun.2014, 03:33 PM
Post #10

There has to be more to this story. The US courth would never allow another parent to take a natural born child outside of the country unless the child is in danger by one of the parents Sweden has no jurisdiction . unless the child is a Swedish citizen
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 6.Jun.2014, 03:41 PM
Post #11

I agree let's wait and see what evolves...
+
magg
post 6.Jun.2014, 07:19 PM
Post #12

Come on, read this stuff more carefully, the OP is claiming that a six year old tried to commit suicide over having to go to Sweden and was then dragged out of the hospital and yadda yadda, yeah, you know what, pretty sure none of that shit ever happened (as the story is that outrageous on so many levels, the legal stuff being the least of it), but if it had, my bet would be that the kids were removed not for custody hearings but because they have a batshit crazy and dangerous mother, who may actually believe all this stuff written here, whereas in reality she clearly managed to endanger the life of a six year old enough to land him in a hospital. Six year old kids do not try to commit suicides, and if they did, it wouldn't exactly be classified as attempted suicide but as grave child abuse and kids would definitely be taken away from the parent in whose care they "attempted suicide". A six year old!! Come on.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 7.Jun.2014, 12:39 AM
Post #13

That's a bit rough...I prefer Troll!!!
+
Lola2014
post 8.Jun.2014, 03:13 AM
Post #14

I have written this above that this story is so crazy that is heard to believe for anyone!
The father is Swedish therefore the kids are Swedish.

He won't let me see or talk to them. His parents are rich and they are trying to erase me.

As a mother I have taken care of my children by myself for over a year without his emotional and
Financial support. I have not endanger them in anyway. Their father sent me the social service on me
In the US and they came to our house and did 3 separate interviews with the children and me, school, therapist and all
And they wrote a statement acknowledging that I was a good parent and the children were healthy and happy.

I understand you don't know me and people automatically assume something is wrong me but no one looks at what he did for this past where he left his children and denied them food and shelter.

The six years old hates Sweden! He had such hard time while he was there temporary.
He does not speak the language and did not make any friends. He had PTSD while he was there and now he is back over there without me.

In the US if you have money and can afford the best layers u can win anything.
Look at OJ Simpson!

Anyway I am just looking to find someone who could tell me what kind of questions do they ask at those
Social interviews.
Thanks
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se