• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »    Reply to this topic

Is the Swede a Human Being?

*Cheeseroller*
post 15.Nov.2006, 11:23 AM
Post #16

"The shyness is at heart the expression of a fundamental longing for individual autonomy and a desire not to depend on or be indebted to anyone, particularly not in intimate relationships - what the authors call "the Swedish theory of love."

"This means that an ideal relationship between two people is based on mutual independence," Tragardh says. "In comparative terms, this is rather spectacular. In most other cultures, the opposite - mutual dependence - is seen as the very stuff of love."

Well that certainly describes the ex-sambo. Independence to the extent that I felt like I was living in a cold outer-space vacuum.

It was great to get back on earth!
Go to the top of the page
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 15.Nov.2006, 11:27 AM
Post #17

Everything's good in moderation though isn't it? I like the fact that the Swede and I can go out independently if we feel like it, we don't have to be clinging to each other all the time.
+
Nuname
post 15.Nov.2006, 11:31 AM
Post #18

QUOTE (Cheeseroller)
"The shyness is at heart the expression of a fundamental longing for individual autonomy and a desire not to depend on or be indebted to anyone, particularly not in intimate relationships - what the authors call "the Swedish theory of love."

"This means that an ideal relationship between two people is based on mutual independence," Tragardh says. "In comparative terms, this is rather spectacular. In most other cultures, the opposite - mutual dependence - is seen as the very stuff of love."

Well that certainly describes the ex-sambo. Independence to the extent that I felt like I was living in a cold outer-space vacuum.

It was great to get back on earth!

That certainly doesn't describe my wonderful Swede.
+
Mzungu
post 15.Nov.2006, 02:33 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (Torque)

Check The Local blog Torque, your name is up in lights!! 8)
+
*Torque*
post 15.Nov.2006, 04:09 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (VikingHumpingWitch)
Everything's good in moderation though isn't it? I like the fact that the Swede and I can go out independently if we feel like it, we don't have to be clinging to each other all the time.

Can you imagine a barfo relationship like that of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes forming in Sweden?
+
*Torque*
post 15.Nov.2006, 04:11 PM
Post #21

QUOTE (Mzungu)
Check The Local blog Torque, your name is up in lights!! 8)

What's this Local Blog you speak of :?:
+
Mzungu
post 15.Nov.2006, 04:15 PM
Post #22

QUOTE (Torque)
What's this Local Blog you speak of :?:

Go to "The Local" home page, click on blog..
+
*Torque*
post 15.Nov.2006, 04:20 PM
Post #23

Aha! Well, now I see I've been missing out on a feature I should have been paying attention to. Thanks, Mzungu.
+
Mzungu
post 15.Nov.2006, 04:21 PM
Post #24

Your most welcome!
+
Streja
post 15.Nov.2006, 08:24 PM
Post #25

I thought the article was interesting. I particularly agree with the not being indebted to anyone, that that is a Swedish trait.

By the way, right now I owe a colleague 8 kronor...
+
Eric Paul Adelgren
post 14.Mar.2007, 04:58 PM
Post #26

speaking broadly as if not to step on anyone's toes, I'd like to comment: There seems to be a common thread that's been weaving through the blood of every living being on this planet. It does not matter whether you were born in Stockholm or in Brooklyn,USA, or Naples,Italy, or Paris,France! Before commenting write down on a piece of paper you're heart-felt reaction and put a time&date to it, so you can re-read it another day!
The bible says that each person was created in His image, and the bible also says in Jn. 3:16 that "God so loved the world that He sent His one and only Son"=(Jesus Christ to come to our lands and die on a cross), remember friend, No matter how messed up our lives may seem He loves you! Run to Jesus!
My Great-Grandfather (whom I never met) was born on a farm in sweden=Johanstorp,Edshult.Sweden I believe? He moved to the USA in 1887. He was a godly man, who read the Bible to his children and his extended family members that would meet in his home. If you are swedish or not, I encourage you to read your Bibles as much as you you find the time to. God will meet you! Are you willing to meet with Him?
+
Gustav- Fælbönnran
post 14.Mar.2007, 05:12 PM
Post #27

You are a Svea, Adelgren. Read the Hávamál and the other Eddas, and stop fjucking around with that preaching from the Middle East.

[img]http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/odin745.jpg[/img]
+
Muttlestar Galactica
post 14.Mar.2007, 05:15 PM
Post #28

QUOTE (Eric Paul Adelgren)
God will meet you! Are you willing to meet with Him?

How does 6pm in Wirstroms sound?
+
Muttlestar Galactica
post 14.Mar.2007, 05:17 PM
Post #29

QUOTE (Gus)
You are a Svea, Adelgren. Read the Hávamál and the other Eddas, and stop fjucking around with that preaching from the Middle East.

[img]http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/odin745.jpg[/img]

It's Yggdrasil or bust! :wink:
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 14.Mar.2007, 05:39 PM
Post #30

QUOTE (Mutley Goes To Dollywood)
How does 6pm in Wirstroms sound?

Oh bloody typical. Even God is Stockholm-centric.
+

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN