• Sweden's news in English

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
41 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

Street of hookers

*Zara*
post 15.Nov.2006, 11:29 AM
Post #1

I just saw this article on Romanians getting arrested in "trafficking raid"

Swedish police began investigating the group after noticing a number of new Romanian prostitutes in August on a Stockholm street known as a hangout for hookers.

Where is this street? Just wondering...
Go to the top of the page
+
Braderunner Rennuredarb
post 15.Nov.2006, 11:35 AM
Post #2

Its funny...when I walk home from the pub, I normally have to pass by Feskekôrka...there are always hookers there. They are sitting in cars now (as it is a little cold and they dont want to get chapped lips, I guess) but its funny walking by and they give you "the look" - I always chuckle to myself and keep whistling laugh.gif
+
Goodiedaddy
post 15.Nov.2006, 11:42 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Zara)

We are all too embarrassed to admit that we know ...
+
*Zara*
post 15.Nov.2006, 11:44 AM
Post #4

Someone told me it was on the street (opposite to Ahlens), the one that sort of leads to old town...
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 15.Nov.2006, 11:47 AM
Post #5

Malmskillnadsgatan, parallell to Sveavägen, on the ridge. Everyone knows about it.
+
Ezpen The Caveman
post 15.Nov.2006, 11:57 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (Zara)

Swedish police began investigating the group after noticing a number of new Romanian prostitutes in August on a Stockholm street known as a hangout for hookers.

Are you buying or selling??
+
*Zara*
post 15.Nov.2006, 12:03 PM
Post #7

[quote=Espen The Conqurer]Where is this street? Just wondering...[/quote]
Are you buying or selling??[/quote]
neither.
+
Faithless
post 15.Nov.2006, 01:44 PM
Post #8

I used to have a job on Malmskillnadsgatan, and eventually the hookers began to recognize me and say hallo. No reason for me not to say hallo back, but I did dread the day mum visits me and we walk donw that street with 10 hookers waving happily at me.

+
*Zara*
post 15.Nov.2006, 01:46 PM
Post #9

laugh.gif
+
Lav
post 15.Nov.2006, 05:07 PM
Post #10

I feel most for these poor women who are obviously being controlled by criminals and working in an unsafe environment, both physically and health wise, precisely what the prostitution laws in Sweden are meant to prevent.
In many civilised societies prostitution is legal, and there are strict safety and health regulations. It seems odd to me that in Swedish society where abortion has long been legal on the basis of women having the right to make decisions regarding their bodies, that when it comes to selling them it is not allowed. Sure that is not technically correct, they can sell, but no one is allowed to buy, but really this is just a quirk to maintain the victim status thus keeping the feminists in the Swedish matriarchy happy.
+
Faithless
post 15.Nov.2006, 06:29 PM
Post #11

Why is it a quirk? The point of it is to allow prostitutes to report violence towards them without incriminating themselves.

+
Streja
post 15.Nov.2006, 08:15 PM
Post #12

Yes, and now those poor teenage girls...yes theyw ere teenagers, from Romania, can be treated as the obvious victims of this whole tragic story and get some help. Thank God they caught those bastards.
+
*Mary, With The Shaved Hea*
post 15.Nov.2006, 08:22 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Zara)

are there any 'openings' regarding employment vacanies... I could do with the extra cash! :wink:
+
Streja
post 15.Nov.2006, 08:26 PM
Post #14

It's quite weird how a lot of you on here see this as a joke when it's about some teenage girls being sold into prositution and forced to sleep with lots of men everyday and put in caravans in a suburb.
+
*Mary, With The Shaved Hea*
post 15.Nov.2006, 08:28 PM
Post #15

thats me told! :cry:
+

41 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options