2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Can I move back to Sweden?

immigrating here

mrbob
post 1.Aug.2014, 07:06 PM
Post #1

I'm wondering if it is possible if I can move back to Sweden. My mother lives there and I am currently 17. What steps would I have to take in order to move back?
Go to the top of the page
+
MadHatterUK
post 1.Aug.2014, 08:04 PM
Post #2

So are you Swedish or what? What about your mother ?
I'm 18 and moved back to Sweden
+
mrbob
post 1.Aug.2014, 08:13 PM
Post #3

Yes I am a Swedish citizen and so is my mother
+
Hallander
post 1.Aug.2014, 09:05 PM
Post #4

I'm wondering if it is possible if I can move back to Sweden.

You are a Swedish citizen so what exact problem do you see ?
+
mrbob
post 1.Aug.2014, 09:08 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Hallander @ 1.Aug.2014, 08:05 PM) *
You are a Swedish citizen so what exact problem do you see ?

As in are there certain steps I have to take to move. Do I have to contact anyone or can I just get a ticket and leave?
+
Hallander
post 1.Aug.2014, 09:14 PM
Post #6

Read the threads on this forum concerning those moving to Sweden, and/or browse the Migrationsverket and Skatteverket web sites. If you have not lived in Sweden you will have many of the same problems getting established. Getting a PN, folkbokf
+
mrbob
post 1.Aug.2014, 09:27 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Hallander @ 1.Aug.2014, 08:14 PM) *
Read the threads on this forum concerning those moving to Sweden, and/or browse the Migrationsverket and Skatteverket web sites. If you have not lived in Sweden you will have many of the same problems getting established. Getting a PN, folkbokf
+
Svensksmith
post 1.Aug.2014, 11:41 PM
Post #8

You can certainly move back, you are a Swedish citizen. Things to think about: Do you speak Swedish, have any special job skills, have some money saved up until you can get on your feet?
+
mrbob
post 2.Aug.2014, 12:13 AM
Post #9

I guess my real question is: how do I move back to Sweden?
+
MadHatterUK
post 2.Aug.2014, 08:32 AM
Post #10

All I had to do was to go get my ID card from police station and register my new Swedish address in Skatteverket.. and I have already applied to school before i came..

Sooo.. it's simple haha biggrin.gif Good luck
+
Hallander
post 2.Aug.2014, 09:40 AM
Post #11

how do I move back to Sweden?
This guy reminds me of the old expresion, "you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink". I ran out of patience last night when the only response left was - You buy a one way plane ticket, then find somewhere to live. But then he would have asked, how do I do that. As Zebedee used to say "Time for bed".
+
MadHatterUK
post 2.Aug.2014, 01:16 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Hallander @ 2.Aug.2014, 09:40 AM) *
This guy reminds me of the old expresion, "you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink". I ran out of patience last night when the only response lef ... (show full quote)

LOOOL hahahahahah.. he's only 17 maybe that's why
+
Hallander
post 2.Aug.2014, 01:40 PM
Post #13

Important points that went unanswered - do you speak good Swedish - are you moving to live with or near your mother for adult support - have you friends in Sweden - have you any funds - do you intend to study or work. If he wants to come back with this information, there might be some points to fill in. But otherwise. How self sufficient is a guy of 17?

I lost confidence in him when he wanted to know how to find threads on this forum. Handholding can only go so far.
+
Hisingen
post 2.Aug.2014, 02:41 PM
Post #14

No matter what his age - and at 17 he should be pretty well organised even so - I found it odd that he 'had to come onto a forum in English' to get this info. Has he no Swedish family, friends etc who would have given him all the data - in Swedish??

It doesn't add up. Bit like trolling - - -
+
Opalnera
post 2.Aug.2014, 03:48 PM
Post #15

Ease up, he might not have told anyone he wants to come back and might just be making preliminary enquiries.

Answer to the OP: If you are a Swedish citizen you can just jump on a plane and come here whenever you like. You might want to think about things like what you are going to do, you've been away for 9 years and haven't been educated under the Swedish system, even if you speak fluent perfect Swedish (which I'm assuming you do if you lived here the first 8 years of your life), you will need to study to bring your reading and writing up to the same level as your English and so that you can get a job or go to university or whatever you want to do.

Good luck!
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement
Advertisement

Popular articles

Advertisement
Advertisement