• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Any English people in Sundsvall?

Learning Swedish..

SamSlade
post 10.Aug.2014, 06:50 PM
Post #1

Hi, just a quick message to see if there's any English lot in Sundsvall, would love to hear from you and how life is treating you in Sundsvall..

Coming in October to learn Swedish..

Have family and friends in Sundsvall but wondering if there are any fellow Englishmen/woman around..

Sam smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
axiom
post 10.Aug.2014, 07:27 PM
Post #2

There are many non-Englishmen/woman that speak English and are living in Sundsvall maybe you could be a bit general.

On the other hand is your preference is your own kind than that might be a bit harder.
+
trumanshow
post 12.Aug.2014, 06:50 PM
Post #3

I was living in Sundsvall for 3 years until May. My sambo is from Sundsvall and currently still there. A good place to meet Brits is the Bishop's Arms. There aren't that many Brits but a few canadians because of the English school. Sundsvall has people from all over, I would just get stuck into Swedish society. I never really found a group of 'ex-pats' to hang out with. PM me if you need any advice about Sundsvall. Its got a very particular mentality!
+
DuneSunny
post 12.Aug.2014, 08:17 PM
Post #4

There are statistically about 127 Brits in Sundsvall. There are a total of 4,736 foreigners in Sundsvall. Most Brits are either expats in Stockholm or students based in Linköping, Umeå, Luleå. There are probably less than 50 Brits in Sundsvall.
+
Opalnera
post 12.Aug.2014, 09:13 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (trumanshow @ 12.Aug.2014, 05:50 PM) *
I was living in Sundsvall for 3 years until May. My sambo is from Sundsvall and currently still there. A good place to meet Brits is the Bishop's Arms. There aren't th ... (show full quote)

SFI is always a good place to make friends, need not be British, it helps to have someone to share your experiences with when you are new. Swedes make lagom friends.
+
SamSlade
post 13.Aug.2014, 03:12 PM
Post #6

thanks for the replys guys smile.gif
+
trumanshow
post 13.Aug.2014, 05:41 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (DuneSunny @ 12.Aug.2014, 08:17 PM) *
There are statistically about 127 Brits in Sundsvall. There are a total of 4,736 foreigners in Sundsvall. Most Brits are either expats in Stockholm or students based in Linkö ... (show full quote)

There is a British guy that makes beer, a British guy that fixes computers, 2 British guys working at the pub...I think there is a British guy working at the University, I met two British people who teach at the mother tongue language school, I met a British girl from Nottingham a couple of years ago. There are probably a few more working at SCA. But I would say definitely less than 50. You tend to hear of people even if you don't meet them in a relatively small and isolated place like Sundsvall. Norrlands Hawaii it might have, the Costa Del Sol, it aint!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN