• Sweden's news in English

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

What if I don't pay a Stockholm parking ticket?

any agreement with Germany?

vikingo
post 20.Aug.2014, 08:22 AM
Post #1

We got a hefty parking ticket in Stockholm after driving our own car from Germany to Stockholm. What would happen if we didn't pay it? Is there an agreement between Germany and Sweden over fines like this?
Go to the top of the page
+
Essingen55
post 20.Aug.2014, 09:21 AM
Post #2

You would be well advised to pay it. The days when you could get away with this sort of thing have gone.

Read through this to understand why.

http://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...c=64424&hl=
+
Hisingen
post 20.Aug.2014, 07:47 PM
Post #3

As Essingen suggests, pay up.

The world is getting smaller thanks to IT, and sooner or later it will catch up with you, and the demand will have become even more hefty - and payment due.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 20.Aug.2014, 08:01 PM
Post #4

Pay it!!!

If you don't it will always be in your thoughts...

And when you get late charges added to it, you will feel...should I say...stupid!!!
+
yorkie redux
post 21.Aug.2014, 10:31 AM
Post #5

If you live in Germany, then do not pay this.

Eventually, it will be written-off.
+
LLHope
post 21.Aug.2014, 11:50 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (yorkie redux @ 21.Aug.2014, 09:31 AM) *
If you live in Germany, then do not pay this.. Eventually, it will be written-off.

Don't be too sure about this, even Stockholm Stads Parkering have an agreement with EPC for chasing unpaid charges. It all depends upon whether the parking company has an agreement with a collection agency and is willing to chase the debt. Remember the costs for admin and interest are passed onto you not them.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options