• Sweden's news in English

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Quality of water - Stockholm

Good quality and nice taste

blackmambaza
post 24.Aug.2014, 03:56 PM
Post #1

After landing in Sweden, I'm so glad that I no longer have to pay for and drink bottled water like we did in England.

Believe it or not, the last time we had a great water supply was when we lived in South Africa.

What I can say is that Stockholm has treated us well thus far. The water is so clean and tastes great as well.

Am I being a bit naive here but I do think that Stockholm has some of the best water out there!

What do you think?

Go to the top of the page
+
Hallander
post 24.Aug.2014, 04:51 PM
Post #2

pay for and drink bottled water

No, you choose to, you certainly dont have to. Normal English folks drink it, cook with it etc. etc.
+
Opalnera
post 24.Aug.2014, 07:51 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (blackmambaza @ 24.Aug.2014, 03:56 PM) *
After landing in Sweden, I'm so glad that I no longer have to pay for and drink bottled water like we did in England. Believe it or not, the last time we had a great water ... (show full quote)

Get out of Stockholm and it's even better! Yes I am also very grateful for free, cold, excellent drinking water. When we travel abroad number one priority is finding a supermarket to buy bottled water, because we just can't stand drinking water in other countries. The water in my home country just tastes of chlorine, it's horrible.
+
Emerentia
post 24.Aug.2014, 10:18 PM
Post #4

Sweden is just nr 8 when it comes to the quality of the tap water.

http://www.therichest.com/expensive-lifest...best-tap-water/
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 24.Aug.2014, 11:01 PM
Post #5

Water!!!

Who drinks that stuff???
+
Affonso
post 25.Aug.2014, 07:08 AM
Post #6

You mean drinking water? It's allright but they put too much calcium into it which is not good.

As for swimming/fishing, that's a game of chance since the lakes are filled with industrial waste from the 60's i.e mercury etc.

Use at your own risk.
+
Opalnera
post 25.Aug.2014, 07:19 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (Emerentia @ 24.Aug.2014, 10:18 PM) *
Sweden is just nr 8 when it comes to the quality of the tap water.. http://www.therichest.com/expensive-lifest...best-tap-water/

I've travelled extensively through 8 of the 10 countries on that list, the only one I would agree with is Austria. I haven't been to Norway or Switzerland but I imagine they have good quality water.
+
blackmambaza
post 25.Aug.2014, 06:33 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 24.Aug.2014, 10:01 PM) *
Water!!!. Who drinks that stuff???

Haha do you prefer vodka instead? I do at times haha

QUOTE (Opalnera @ 25.Aug.2014, 06:19 AM) *
I've travelled extensively through 8 of the 10 countries on that list, the only one I would agree with is Austria. I haven't been to Norway or Switzerland but I imagi ... (show full quote)

That was quite an interesting list.

It's strange that the UK is on that list because a lot of the central county water has trace amounts of industrial fertilizers. When we were staying there, the water used to have an oily residue. A few of my mates also experienced something similar. Hey ho. We are still alive though smile.gif
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 25.Aug.2014, 07:14 PM
Post #9

Vodka rocks!!!

I also drink water...but at the price of water in the "Big Apple", you could make the case that Vodka is cheaper!!!

My water bill is around $2000.00 dollars a year(sewer included)!!!
+
blackmambaza
post 25.Aug.2014, 07:31 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 25.Aug.2014, 06:14 PM) *
Vodka rocks!!!I also drink water...but at the price of water in the "Big Apple", you could make the case that Vodka is cheaper!!!My water bil ... (show full quote)

Jeepers! Definitely go for the Vodka then, seems quite economic. I wonder if it contains any 5-a-day goodness in it? Oh well, atleast it will kill of all bacteria hey.

What are you doing in New York? Is it really as edgy as people say it is?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 25.Aug.2014, 07:34 PM
Post #11

Depends on what your level of "edginess" is...you can get used to just about anything...

However a generous Vodka libation takes the edge of anything you want it to!!! laugh.gif
+
TLSucks
post 25.Aug.2014, 08:03 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Affonso @ 25.Aug.2014, 06:08 AM) *
It's allright but they put too much calcium into it which is not good.

Nobody puts Ca in the water; it is there from the beginning. Water hardness depends on the concentration of minerals in the bedrock, and it differs from region to region. Most regions have soft water though.
+
Svensksmith
post 25.Aug.2014, 08:14 PM
Post #13

Think so? I would think most regions would have hard water (water with lots of minerals dissolved in it.)
+
TLSucks
post 25.Aug.2014, 08:49 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Svensksmith @ 25.Aug.2014, 08:14 PM) *
Think so? I would think most regions would have hard water (water with lots of minerals dissolved in it.)

Most of Sweden has <6 °dH, which is classified as soft. Skåne and Stockholm-Uppsala have hard water.
+
sv100
post 25.Aug.2014, 09:13 PM
Post #15

Purity of water is measured by PH and TDS

Total Dissolved Solids(TDS) , ranges usually between 50-200 as I know , much higher TDS much hard and bad water to drink

So 100 is better than 130 and so ,,
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options