• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Violence in Rinkeby

Reports of mass violence on twitter

blackmambaza
post 25.Aug.2014, 12:08 AM
Post #1

Does anyone know what's going on in Rinkeby? Apparently there are loads of people causing havoc in the streets, burning cars, etc.
Go to the top of the page
+
solagom
post 25.Aug.2014, 12:16 AM
Post #2

Its riot ! people put cars on fire and attack the fire brigade with big stones so they have to wait for the police to secure the place before they can put out the fire !

get used to news like this bcos it will happend more often in the future most likely. bcos if you stop them you might be consider racist.welcome to the new Sweden ....
+
Opalnera
post 25.Aug.2014, 07:37 AM
Post #3

Rinkeby is an area with a high immigrant population. It's quite easy to migrate to Sweden but to be an immigrant in Sweden is not always easy. Well, being an immigrant is not always easy regardless of country. But it's just a case of when you have a bunch of people with the same issues living in the same place those issues become escalated. I'm not belittling their problems, I fully understand, it's just a shame that thing like riots happen because ultimately people live there, what's that saying? "You shouldn't shit where you sleep" or eat or something like that.
+
LLHope
post 25.Aug.2014, 10:32 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (Opalnera @ 25.Aug.2014, 07:37 AM) *
a bunch of people with the same issues living in the same place those issues become escalated.

Please! You are just creating an excuse for them. There are over 150 areas in Sweden where unemployment is greater than 50%, which in-turn results in low incomes etc... They have more-or-less the same issues in those areas, yet they do not resort to setting cars on fire and throwing stones at the emergency services.

Maybe it was due to violent computer games, latest Call of Duty Left Wing Extremist DLC wink.gif

Sorry, but there is absolutely no excuse for these people, they are a danger to society. It has been seen in many countries that the gangs rise and gain power in areas by creating situations where police and other emergency services will not go due to expected violence or accusations of racism and targeting etc.. then next is other public services will not enter the areas, resulting in gang control under the guise of the surrounding society does not provide the services they need but the gangs can!
+
magg
post 25.Aug.2014, 11:41 AM
Post #5

Which "problems" are these people supposed to have? Last time I opened the newspapers, Sweden was the world's most open, friendliest country, that viciously attacked any sign of racism and discrimination, welcomed immigrants with open arms regardless of their number or backstory, yadda yadda, how can some immigrants now suddenly have problems big enough to set cars on fire and throw rocks at the police rolleyes.gif
+
cherrybubble
post 25.Aug.2014, 01:42 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (magg @ 25.Aug.2014, 11:41 AM) *
Which "problems" are these people supposed to have? Last time I opened the newspapers, Sweden was the world's most open, friendliest country, that viciously atta ... (show full quote)

I actually had to read your post twice before I realized it was tongue in cheek.

To be clear, I don't think anyone has the right to riot and disrupt other people's lives and destroy property, but if Sweden goes through with all the chest thumping we're seeing in the lead-up to this election (getting in as many asylum seekers and refugees as they can and raising taxes to do it while NOT properly integrating them and putting them in ghettos on the outskirts of the cities) these kinds of riots are only going to increase, not decrease.
+
magg
post 25.Aug.2014, 02:43 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (cherrybubble @ 25.Aug.2014, 01:42 PM) *
I actually had to read your post twice before I realized it was tongue in cheek. To be clear, I don't think anyone has the right to riot and disrupt other people's liv ... (show full quote)

I was being sarcastic of course, but actually, I don't know all that much about what really goes in Rinkeby. I mean, for all I know, maybe the media is right, all is peachy in Sweden and these are just a handful of incurable savages polluting an otherwise idyllic setting.
But since I know a remarkable number of extreme do goody left wing" give us all your asylum seekers" Swedes who never miss an opportunity to talk about how disturbed they are by the very existence of the Swedish Democrats or how important it is to have an open immigration policy, but who surprisingly don't have a single immigrant friend (discounting a couple of us white European foreign wives of Swedes) or would ever push their Swedish only workplaces to hire some of these people, I'm not really buying it.
+
cherrybubble
post 25.Aug.2014, 02:53 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (magg @ 25.Aug.2014, 02:43 PM) *
I was being sarcastic of course, but actually, I don't know all that much about what really goes in Rinkeby. I mean, for all I know, maybe the media is right, all is peach ... (show full quote)

I lived in one of these wonderful ghettos when we first arrived and it is everything you have read about. Loads of unemployed adults wandering around, gangs of malcontent youths and a lot of anger. I don't know if I can blame them. Their parents may have come here to get away from bullets and bombs, but the kids are marginalized and ignored compared to their native swedish peers. I know it makes swedes feel good to open their arms (wallets, actually) to help out these people, but god forbid they actually have to socialize or interact with them!! The horror!
+
Opalnera
post 25.Aug.2014, 04:30 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (cherrybubble @ 25.Aug.2014, 12:42 PM) *
I actually had to read your post twice before I realized it was tongue in cheek.

This only makes me like you more - and the bromance continues.

I wasn't creating any excuses, I was saying that despite whatever problems they have it's senseless to make living conditions in your own neighbourhood worse.
+
cherrybubble
post 25.Aug.2014, 04:39 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Opalnera @ 25.Aug.2014, 03:30 PM) *
and the bromance continues.

Heh heh. :fist bump:
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town
Consulting & Productions

We are an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish authorities, Swedish language practice, and general communications.
Call 0731 004 781 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help.
Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply