Council officers stepped in to help with evacuating elderly people residing in service flats in the same building as the shop. Some were sent to hospital but nobody was injured. When the police arrived they congratulated the council for their contribution in the rescue operation.
There’s no explanation as to why the woman set fire to the shop. She had arrived in the shop just before noon, carrying a container with petrol. She poured it on the floor, set fire to it and left. The woman has been arrested for arson and has been taken to Gävle police station.
“She was possibly high from something she had taken and the police believes she might even suffer mental illness”, reported Aftonbladet.