Princess's bodyguards stop drunk
The Local · 30 Mar 2005, 23:51
Published: 30 Mar 2005 23:51 GMT+02:00
The man, in his thirties, was said to be behaving aggressively outside the mountain retreat at about 4am on Easter Sunday.
"We had a report that a drunk man was removed," said Nils Kärrlander, a senior officer at the security police, to Aftonbladet.
According to the tabloid, a group of 20-30 people attended a party at the Danskegården complex, where the resort's staff and the bodyguards were staying, after Storlien's bars closed. One of the people at the party said that it had become rowdy and the bodyguards had to step in:
"[The man] went out for a walk and the guard thought he was on his way to the king's house, which was only 50 metres away."
Nils Kärrlander told Aftonbladet that he was not aware of any charges against the man.
Last week the Marshal of the Realm, Ingmar Eliasson, said that the royals need more money for security, claiming that the palace is less well protected than parliament and government offices.
Currently only the king and Crown Princess Victoria have personal protection officers.