Editions:  Austria · Denmark · France · Germany · Italy · Norway · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland
Advertisement

Man released by knife attack police

Share this article

17:51 CET+01:00
A man who had been held by police on Saturday night on suspicion of having killed a man in a knife attack in the Stockholm suburb of Alby has been released.

"He is no longer suspected of any crime," Mats Nylén, spokesman for Södertörn police, told TT after the man was released on Sunday afternoon.

According to Nylén nobody else has been arrested and police currently have no suspects for the crime. No weapon has been found.

A further five people were injured in the incident. Four of them have been contacted by the police, but have chosen not to say what happened.

"They're not always so interested in getting the police's help," said Nylén.

The knife attack happened at around half past one on Saturday morning outside the Alby Värdshus restaurant, following a row between two armed gangs.

The dead man was said by police to have been born in 1968. Another man of the same age was taken to Karolinska University Hospital in Huddinge with serious but not life-threatening injuries. Another four men sustained superficial injuries.

A number of the men were known to the police, but only for petty offences.

TT/The Local

Get notified about breaking news on The Local

Share this article

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jobs
Click here to start your job search
Advertisement
Advertisement

Popular articles

Advertisement
Advertisement