Editions:  Austria · Denmark · France · Germany · Italy · Norway · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland
Advertisement

Another man remanded for Tensta bomb

Share this article

19:51 CEST+02:00
A 53-year old man has been remanded in custody for his alleged involvement in Sunday's belt bomb drama in Stockholm.

The man was remanded by Stockholm district court for the incident in which a Norwegian man was discovered by police strapped into a belt bomb, which he said was fitted by a group of men who had kidnapped him.

The 53-year old is charged with making illegal threats and with being an accessory to kidnapping.

A 27-year old was earlier remanded on suspicion of kidnapping and making illegal threats. A warrant has been put out for the arrest of a third suspect.

It took the police several hours to free the 28-year old Norwegian from the bomb belt in the Stockholm suburb of Tensta last Sunday. The man said that he had been locked in an apartment in Tensta for several days and that his kidnappers had fastened the belt around his waist.

A forensic examination showed that although the bomb contained explosives, it would have been impossible to blow it up remotely.

Get notified about breaking news on The Local

Share this article

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jobs
Click here to start your job search
Advertisement
Advertisement

Popular articles

Advertisement
Advertisement