Police on Friday also released a 19-year old man they had been holding in connection with the crime.
“I had applied for the 19-year old to be remanded in custody when on Thursday night new information came to light which weakened the case against him. He is not excluded from the investigation, and is still suspected of involvement in the murder,” said prosecutor Kai Koskela to news agency TT.
The 17-year old was arrested on Thursday evening, after a warrant had been put out for his arrest earlier.
“I intend to apply for him to be remanded in custody on Saturday,” Koskela said.
The man has denied involvement in the killing. A further two teenage boys are currently in custody under suspicion of manslaughter.
The 47-year old victim was attacked on 16th September by a gang of youths outside a school in Fittja. He died later of his injuries.