Editions:  Austria · Denmark · France · Germany · Italy · Norway · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland

Refrigerator leak claims second victim

Share this article

08:42 CEST+02:00
A 13-year-old boy who was being treated at Sahlgrenska hospital in Gothenburg after a gas leak two weeks ago has died.

The boy's 16-year-old sister has already died and his mother is in a serious condition following the incident at the family's summer cottage outside Karlskoga .

"This is a tragic accident," said Marianne Alexandersson, investigator at Karlstad police, to newspaper Nya Wermlands-Tidningen.

The boy passed away on Monday evening.

The accident happened when gas leaked out of a pipe to a refrigerator in the cottage. The leak was discovered by a neighbour who was called by the father of the family when he was unable to get in touch with any of the other family members.

Get notified about breaking news on The Local

Share this article

From our sponsors

The ‘fairytale' boarding school nestled in a Swedish village

The words ‘boarding' and ‘school' often summon images of strict teachers, drab dormitories and downcast children. That image couldn't be further from reality at Sigtunaskolan Humanistiska Läroverket (SSHL), where boarders describe the ‘fairytale' school as a home away from home.

Advertisement