Refrigerator leak claims second victim

A 13-year-old boy who was being treated at Sahlgrenska hospital in Gothenburg after a gas leak two weeks ago has died.

The boy’s 16-year-old sister has already died and his mother is in a serious condition following the incident at the family’s summer cottage outside Karlskoga .

“This is a tragic accident,” said Marianne Alexandersson, investigator at Karlstad police, to newspaper Nya Wermlands-Tidningen.

The boy passed away on Monday evening.

The accident happened when gas leaked out of a pipe to a refrigerator in the cottage. The leak was discovered by a neighbour who was called by the father of the family when he was unable to get in touch with any of the other family members.