Editions:  Austria · Denmark · France · Germany · Italy · Norway · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland

Lung patient dies of morphine overdose

Share this article

16:04 CEST+02:00
A man who had been suffering from lung cancer has died after accidentally being administered ten times the recommended dose of morphine at a hospice in Västerås.

The patient died shortly after receiving a capsule containing 100mg of morphine rather than the prescribed does of 10mg, SVT reports.

The incident took place after the patient had been moved moved from Västerås Central Hospital to a hospice in the town.

The National Board of Health and Welfare (Socialstyrelsen) has requested an explanation from the parties concerned.

Get notified about breaking news on The Local

Share this article

From our sponsors

The ‘fairytale' boarding school nestled in a Swedish village

The words ‘boarding' and ‘school' often summon images of strict teachers, drab dormitories and downcast children. That image couldn't be further from reality at Sigtunaskolan Humanistiska Läroverket (SSHL), where boarders describe the ‘fairytale' school as a home away from home.

Advertisement