House explodes in Malmö

House explodes in Malmö
Photo: Stig-Åke Jönsson/Scanpix
A house in Limhamn on the outskirts of Malmö exploded and burst into flames early on Wednesday afternoon. A woman and her two dogs managed to escape from the house unscathed.

There have so far been no reports of any injuries. The fire is thought to have been caused by a gas leak.

“I was sitting working when I heard a powerful explosion,” Leif Jacobsen, who lives around 100 metres from the site of the accident, told Sydsvenskan.

“When I went out on the steps there was smoke pouring from Karsholmsgatan,” he added.

A further ten houses in the immediate area were damaged in the blast, with several having their windows broken.

Police have sealed off the area around the house as a precautionary measure.