Editions:  Austria · Denmark · France · Germany · Italy · Norway · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland
Advertisement

Swedish tourist electrocuted in Thailand

Share this article

17:07 CET+01:00
Police in Thailand are investigating the death of a 34-year-old Swedish tourist whose body was found in a Phuket guest house on Friday afternoon, according to Thai media reports.

A Swedish foreign ministry spokeswoman told The Local that they had been following the reports from Thailand very closely but had not yet received confirmation from the embassy in Bangkok.

Police believe that the Swede was electrocuted in his third-floor room in Patong's Soi Paradise district.

The body was discovered at around 3pm on Friday after the 34-year-old had missed his noon check-out time, the Phuket Gazette reports.

The room was flooded when a staff member entered and found the tourist still gripping a shower nozzle. When police and rescue workers arrived at the guest house, they cut the power supply before examining the body.

Police said the man had severe burn marks on his left hand and left hip. A post mortem examination confirmed the cause of death as electrocution, according to the Phuket Gazette.

The man's laptop computer was found on the floor of the room. There was nothing to suggest that a struggle had taken place, the newspaper reports.

Sweden's Consulate General in Phuket, Christina Palm, confirmed that the case was under investigation, the Phuket Gazette reports.

Get notified about breaking news on The Local

Share this article

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jobs
Click here to start your job search
Advertisement
Advertisement

Popular articles

Advertisement
Advertisement