Editions:  Austria · Denmark · France · Germany · Italy · Norway · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland

Convicted teens return to court on fresh assault charges

Share this article

12:00 CET+01:00
Two teenagers found guilty last week of involvement in the death of 16-year-old Riccardo Campogiani will be back in Stockholm District Court on Monday, to face new charges of assault and illegal threats.

The new charges are a result of an incident which took place on Friday night, in which the pair met a former girlfriend and two of her friends. The youths became involved in an altercation, in which kicks, punches and threats are alleged to have been exchanged.

Attorney Björn Törnell, representing one of the accused teens, told Aftonbladet that his client has been incarcerated since Friday.

“It is not amusing to be locked up. He is sad about the situation,” said Törnell.

The 17-year-old boy was recently convicted of serious assault and manslaughter and sentenced to three years' youth detention in connection with the October 5th death of Riccardo Campogiani, which took place outside a Kungsholmen party venue.

His 16-year-old companion was found guilty last Monday of incitement to commit assault.

They were released pending an appeal of their sentence at the time the latest incident occurred.

TT/David Bartal

Get notified about breaking news on The Local

Share this article

From our sponsors

The ‘fairytale' boarding school nestled in a Swedish village

The words ‘boarding' and ‘school' often summon images of strict teachers, drab dormitories and downcast children. That image couldn't be further from reality at Sigtunaskolan Humanistiska Läroverket (SSHL), where boarders describe the ‘fairytale' school as a home away from home.

Advertisement