Gas leak in central Gothenburg
TT/The Local · 4 Feb 2008, 12:28
Published: 04 Feb 2008 12:28 GMT+01:00
According to emergency service personnel, the leak posed a risk for an explosion, and the area was closed off.
Employees from the Saluhallen, the city’s central market hall, were evacuated.
The nearby Avalon Hotel was nearly evacuated as well, but authorities were able to close off the leak in time.
Emergency personnel gave the all clear after thirty minutes.
“Some of our guests went out the back door because our main entrance was blocked off,” said Birgitta Moreillon of the Avalon Hotel.