Editions:  Austria · Denmark · France · Germany · Italy · Norway · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland

Volvo produces car number 15 million

Share this article

Volvo produces car number 15 million
17:14 CET+01:00
The first Volvo rolled out the Torslanda factory near Gothenburg in 1927. Around lunchtime on Wednesday Volvo car number 15 million came off the assembly line at factory in Uddevalla.

The car was a C 70 painted in celestial blue pearl and headed to a dealer in California.

But how can Volvo Cars know that the car in question should get the honor of bearing the registration number 15 million, and not a a car from their factory in Torslanda or Ghent, Belgium?

“Yes, well…it required many and very complex calculations. But let's just consider that our little secret,” Volvo spokesperson Maria Bohlin said with a laugh to news agency TT.

Volvo owns 40 percent of the factory in Uddevalla, with the remaining 60 percent owned by Italian Pininfarina.

Get notified about breaking news on The Local

Share this article

From our sponsors

Swedish for programmers: Tailored Swedish courses for techies

How do you get a job in Sweden's competitive tech industry if you're new to the country and don't speak the language? Enter SFX-IT, a specialised language course tailored for foreign techies living in Sweden.

Advertisement