Editions:  Austria · Denmark · France · Germany · Italy · Norway · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland
Advertisement

Dental patient swallows diamond

Share this article

12:09 CET+01:00
A 77-year-old man from western Sweden came out of his dentist's appointment an experience richer earlier this year after swallowing a diamond that had come loose from a cleaning tool.

The patient accidentally ingested the gem during a visit to a dental practice in Ulricehamn in February, Borås Tidning reports.

The dentist has now reported the matter to the National Board of Health and Welfare. Despite the fact that diamonds are the hardest known natural materials, the patient is not reported to have suffered unduly from swallowing the tip of the dental tool.

The current whereabouts of the precious stone remain unknown.

Get notified about breaking news on The Local

Share this article

Advertisement

From our sponsors

The power of cooperation: the secret to Swedish success?

Is the Swedish approach to leadership really as special as people think? The Local asks a non-Swedish manager at telecom giant Ericsson for a frank appraisal of Swedes' so-called 'lagom' leadership style.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jobs
Click here to start your job search
Advertisement
Advertisement

Popular articles

Advertisement
Advertisement