Swedish girl dies from jellyfish sting

A Swedish girl died on Thursday morning in a swimming accident on the tourist island of Koh Lanta in Thailand.

The girl went into anaphylactic shock–a severe allergic reaction–after being stung by a jellyfish,” said a nurse to the Aftonbladet newspaper.

The 10-year-old girl was swimming in the waters off of Klong Dao Beach when she was stung by the jellyfish.

She suffered a quick, hypersensitive reaction and was taken to hospital where doctors worked for an hour and a half but couldn’t save the girl’s life.

Koh Lanta is a popular tourist destination for many Swedes.