Editions:  Austria · Denmark · France · Germany · Italy · Norway · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland

Man dies after home nurse overdoses meds

Share this article

10:44 CEST+02:00
An 87-year-old man died after a home nurse mistakenly gave him six times the dose for his Alzheimer medicine.

The overdose caused liver failure and the man was taken into hospital where he died two and a half weeks later.

An official complaint has been filed with the National Board of Health and Welfare. According to Sydöstran newspaper, the report cites that the “temporary home nurse mistakenly dosed his meds”, giving the man six drug patches instead of one, for two days in a row.

The temp had apparently not received training as to how the patches work.

Get notified about breaking news on The Local

Share this article

From our sponsors

The ‘fairytale' boarding school nestled in a Swedish village

The words ‘boarding' and ‘school' often summon images of strict teachers, drab dormitories and downcast children. That image couldn't be further from reality at Sigtunaskolan Humanistiska Läroverket (SSHL), where boarders describe the ‘fairytale' school as a home away from home.

Advertisement