Editions:  Austria · Denmark · France · Germany · Italy · Norway · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland
Advertisement

Miniature pig saves its bacon in apartment fire

Share this article

Miniature pig saves its bacon in apartment fire
18:25 CET+01:00
A miniature pot bellied pig is believed by police and rescue officials to have been the unwitting arsonist behind a fire that broke out on Thursday in an apartment in a northern Swedish town.

"The family's miniature pig was home alone in the apartment when the fire broke out. It seems that the pig knocked over a lamp, causing textiles to catch fire," said rescue worker Peter Frykman.

Fire services were quickly able to put out the fire after being alerted to the danger by a boy living in the apartment, who smelled smoke on returning home in the afternoon.

Rescue workers arrived to find the pig running around the apartment. The animal was slightly scorched and was taken to the vet to ensure that it had not suffered injury from excessive smoke inhalation.

Get notified about breaking news on The Local

Share this article

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jobs
Click here to start your job search
Advertisement
Advertisement

Popular articles

Advertisement
Advertisement