Teen murder suspect rushed to hospital

The 16-year-old boy on trial for the murder of 15-year-old Therese Johansson Rojo in the Stockholm suburb of Stureby in June was rushed to hospital on Thursday.

Teen murder suspect rushed to hospital

The court proceedings were suspended until further notice.

The teenager suffered a panic attack after relating the story of the killing to the court. He had previously told the court about his relationship to Therese.

“The reaction was so severe that an ambulance was called and he was taken to Huddinge hospital. He was not carried on a stretcher and was able to walk by himself,” the boy’s lawyer, Claes Borgström, told the TT news agency.

The cross-examination of the boy would have continued on Thursday afternoon, but will now be delayed until further notice.

“I would have thought that the cross-examination can be resumed on Tuesday when the proceedings reconvene. In the interim he will receive help to work through his feelings and recover,” Borgström said.

The 16-year-old will receive medical attention and be taken to the youth detention centre where he is being held and will then receive help from a psychologist.

Borgström claimed that the boy had received sufficient help and support during the trial.

“Yes, I think so. He has me, his parents and staff from the social services with him in court,” Borgström said.

The 16-year-old female defendant’s lawyer, Jan Karlsson, says that he has a raft of questions to put to the boy, which he hopes to be able to ask on Tuesday if the boy’s health allows it.

“The case hangs on the testimony of the young defendants and the text messages. Witness testimony has less bearing,” Karlsson said.

Karlsson said that his defendant has also suffered from the day’s events.

“She has been feeling very upset all along and that did not improve as a result of this,” he said.

Member comments

Log in here to leave a comment.
Become a Member to leave a comment.


Teen Swedes convicted in sex game robbery

Two teenage girls were convicted for robbery by Lund District Court on Tuesday after stealing valuables at the home of a 30-year-old man who they gagged and bound naked to a chair.

The pair, aged 17 and 16 at the time of the incident, first made contact with the man on an internet chat site.

After paying numerous visits to his home it is reported that they agreed during a particular meeting to indulge in a sex game.

The man was tied naked to a chair with his mouth taped yet once securely fastened the teenagers decided to change the rules. During police questioning the man said one of the girls “got a knife and threatened him directly with it.”

It was during this time the girl forced the man to reveal the pincode of his bank card.

“She told me it was in my best interest to give her the correct pincode otherwise there would be consequences,” the man told police.

The girl’s account reveals that she had previously asked the man if he was willing to pay for sexual services and be tied up. He agreed to her request and,”said among other things that he wanted to have a carrot inserted in his anus.”

The women finally left the apartment taking the man’s laptop, mobile phone and various other valuables with them. The man, however, was left in shock, still tied up naked to the chair.

He was eventually able to free himself and raise the alarm to the police.

A 19-year old woman, also accused, was waiting outside the man’s home and accompanied the pair to a cash machine where they took money from the man’s account. She was acquitted, however, entirely of all criminal charges.

The three teenagers are already known to police for activities including assault, theft, and shoplifting.

Lund District Court also order the convicted pair to pay 50,000 Swedish kronor to their victim.

The eldest, now 18 was handed a probationary sentence while the younger girl, now 17, was sentenced to juvenile care.

The court also ordered them to repay the 13,000 Swedish kronor that was stolen from the victim’s credit card account.

The Local/cd

Follow The Local on Twitter