Several bids for Saab: administrator
AFP/The Local · 7 Feb 2012, 13:30
Published: 07 Feb 2012 13:30 GMT+01:00
- New bidder in the Saab saga shows its hand (03 Feb 12)
- 'Multi-billion-kronor' bid for bankrupt Saab: report (02 Feb 12)
- Five buyers 'seriously interested' in Saab (30 Jan 12)
"We have received a few indicative bids," Hans Bergqvist told reporters in an audio conference, adding: "the indicative bids are interesting."
He would not disclose who had placed the bids, nor the amounts involved but reiterated that the aim was to sell all of Saab, which filed for bankruptcy on December 19th, instead of selling off parts of the company.
He repeated that there were four or five parties interested in buying Saab. He said most of them were from abroad but at least one was from Sweden.
Swedish media have reported that Chinese carmaker Youngman placed a
preliminary bid last week of about two billion kronor (227 million euros, $298
Youngman has long been interested in Saab and tried to snap it up before it declared bankruptcy, but those efforts were thwarted by the Swedish brand's former owner GM, which balked at transferring the necessary technology licences.